Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wyoming Mule Deer

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Good to know on AT&T. In NM i just cut mine off and used buddies Verizon to call home. We will prob burn our mulie or goat points in WY next year
    I couldn’t get service anywhere in Colorado with Verizon. I only had service in town or I’d have to use my trucks WiFi. My buddy that I hunt with out there had full bars no matter where we were with AT&T.

I’d also add snake gaiters to the list if it’s hot when you go. I got tired of wearing snake boots after the first day, the last day of the hunt last year I stepped on a western diamondback about a mile and half away from the truck with no cell service and hunting solo.

Gaiters are good if it bites you above the foot, but what if it bites you on the side or the toe of the boot?
    Last edited by FOWL MOUTH; 06-23-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Binos on a tripod will save alot of eye strain and you will see stuff your missing holding them in your hands, even braced. I only take my spotter out to judge horns or videoing via phone skope.

If this will be your first trip out there, it may be best to borrow specific gear if possible versus paying the high prices for premium gear until you know what you really need. Also, Rokslide and Hunttalk have pretty good classifieds where you can save some dollars on clothes/gear.

Camofire ain't bad either for gear....
    Last edited by Calibogue; 06-25-2021 at 06:04 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE