Thread: GM 6.2

Default GM 6.2

Looking at a new AT4 with the 6.2 and 10sp trans. Anyone have any feedback with this combo, and do you know if you can delete the trans thermostat and disable AFM?

Seems like you don’t hear much mulling over the 6.2.

And please, save the Toyota talk.

I bought a chevrolet trailboss with that combo. It does not have AFM but gets better fuel mileage than my last silverado with the 5.3.
    I really have enjoyed having the 6.2

I am buying a new AT4 now. Looked at and researched the 5.3 and 6.2 related to the new DFM technology (Replaced AFM). I believe this will override DFM in the combo you are looking at.

https://www.rangetechnology.com/prod...lt/parts/22451

I ended up going with the 3.0L Duramax. Its sitting in a holding yard in W Columbia waiting to be delivered to the dealer I am purchasing from.

I’m 2 years and 40,000 miles into mine. Have loved every second of it and not even a hint of trouble with the truck

I have a GMC Yukon Denali w/ 6.2 , 85k miles and zero issues (knock on wood).
    I have been meaning to get KRT to delete the AFM

20200228_211923.jpg
    My 2019 AT4 with the 5.3 and 8speed transmission. Does what I need it to do but it does have electrical gremlins from time to time. Navigation has gone out 3 times and had the nav chip replaced, brake sensor thingy had to be calibrated, rear camera service just came on tonight so I guess I'll make an appointment in the am to get it looked at. Other than those things, I really.enjoy the truck. It has every option available except.the sunroof.
    every expert was once a beginner

Ain't had 0 issues outa my 2019 Loaded. It has a longer box It will be up for sale as soon as I can locate another one just like it. Be next year 5.3/8-speed 21/mpg Love it 18,889/miles
    Last edited by DRDUCK; 06-21-2021 at 09:22 PM.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

You can buy an AFM disabler for about $200 bucks. Plugs into the OBD-II port .

I have one on my Yukon XL.

Why would you buy one right now with the way prices are..... Just curious.... Figured waiting until this chip and shipping and everything else shortage is over and prices come down a little would be a little better time to buy?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Why would you buy one right now with the way prices are..... Just curious.... Figured waiting until this chip and shipping and everything else shortage is over and prices come down a little would be a little better time to buy?
    He might not be able to wait until 2023.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I had one with the 8 speed and loved it….now have the 3.5 eco with the 10 speed. Take it to 5 star tuning in flo they can disable and tune
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    He might not be able to wait until 2023.
    That's a good point..
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965