Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Part time work

Default Part time work

I have a good full time position I have been on for 15 years. I’m not going anywhere, and I don’t need a part time job, but my kids are usually in bed by 7:30 and I can only work in the garage so long in the evenings. Anyone here have experience with Lowe’s or Home Depot? Specifically in regards to employee discounts and that sort? We have been remodeling a house since October and we’re done with the necessary things, and I’m moving on to the “wants”. I’m tossing around the idea of picking up 20 hours or so stocking or whatnot in the evenings. Ideally I would love to find an 8-11pm stocking gig, and I considered UPS 4:30-7:30am loading trucks. I don’t need the money, but I don’t need to sit around and watch Netflix either.

Want to come to Edisto and stoke fires and trim briskets?

Edit: nice meeting you the other night. Did you make it to Briny for prime rib?
    Last edited by willk; 06-21-2021 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post

Hell yeah I did!! I had the meat sweats all the way until Sunday packing up! Was incredible. That place is phenomenal! You should be proud of what you guys have accomplished in there! Don’t tempt me on moving to Edisto. We talk about it all the time!!

That sir would be a dream job of mine. My long range retirement plan definitely involves me and a bbq food truck.

I think Lowes employees get 10% off but theyre first in line to buy closeouts and customer returns for deep discounts.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

HD doesn't offer employee discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    Hell yeah I did!! I had the meat sweats all the way until Sunday packing up! Was incredible. That place is phenomenal! You should be proud of what you guys have accomplished in there! Don’t tempt me on moving to Edisto. We talk about it all the time!!
    Was in there two weeks or so ago when we were down....thoroughly impressed as always!

ETA: Prime Rib was not an option unfortunately
    Last edited by FishSticker; 06-21-2021 at 01:44 PM.

Can you shuffle your current work schedule around to allow more free time while the kids are up and make up for it off hours?

The drive to work is applaudable but dont forget to enjoy life and some down time too.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Can you shuffle your current work schedule around to allow more free time while the kids are up and make up for it off hours?

The drive to work is applaudable but dont forget to enjoy life and some down time too.
    Oh for sure, there’s no doubt about that!! I am in a unique position where I work remote 100% of the time, wife is a teacher so we’re all here, all the time!!

Oh for sure, there’s no doubt about that!! I am in a unique position where I work remote 100% of the time, wife is a teacher so we’re all here, all the time!!
    Ha, yeah I’d be looking for a part time job too.

I have a little cleaning business. I make my own hours, only take on well paying clients that fit my schedule. I can fit it around anything my full time job requires and I don't have to tolerate assholes. I turn down jobs every week and it's not expensive to get started. Down side is I clean dirty toilets
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I have a little cleaning business. I make my own hours, only take on well paying clients that fit my schedule. I can fit it around anything my full time job requires and I don't have to tolerate assholes. I turn down jobs every week and it's not expensive to get started. Down side is I clean dirty toilets
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Do you like to play golf? Maintenance crews get started around. 5-5:30 AM. They are generally pretty flexible with how many hours you want to work. Pay was an hourly wage plus free golf back when I worked at one from 08-2011. Also, please save your back and don’t apply to load trucks for UPS. Those hours are BS. It’s more like 4-9AM or earlier. If you want to work at UPS apply for the twilight shift in the evenings. It’s a much slower pace and not nearly as demanding.

Buddy worked part time at an airport loading luggage. Got free/discount flights and only worked 1-2 nights a week. This was awhile ago so I'm sure thats gone now.

My wife says I’m crazy. I probably am. Just bored, and there’s a few things I would like to do around the house and they take money. Once money goes into the savings account, I HATE taking it out, so I would rather make a couple hundred bucks a week. Thanks for the heads up on UPS.

crazy how the people with jobs want another job and the people at home do not want to do shit.

i got job openings
    Windows Down!

I bet he winds up making more at his part time job than Turbo was offering for a FT gig.

You wanna clean mold out of crawlspaces if so I can keep you as busy as you have ever dreamed.

Once money goes into the savings account, I HATE taking it out
    ha...you and I are the same in this manner.

We need to remodel two bathrooms in our home. Not a complete remodel but update nevertheless. I keep telling me wife to pick out what she wants so we can set a budget and she comes to be to buy something and I tell her too late. I already put that money in savings. I told her we were not doing this on a whim...tell me what she needs and how much and she can having...so long as she get's it before I move it.

My savings account is mid-term picture with long term affects....she's not getting it easy.

Your predicament didn't make sense to me at first, it makes sense now.

Start you a side hustle. You said you don't NEED the money so only take the right jobs and tell the Karen's and low-ballers to kick rocks. Handy-man stuff, pressure washing, lawn care, etc...