Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Little Monday-Morning Perspective...

Default A Little Monday-Morning Perspective...

Few things can make a man feel LESS manly than walking happily toward your bedroom with a load of freshly-folded laundry (that you folded) only to see these cats out your window doin' straight WORK:

Untitled.jpg

You're all welcome.

Make sure a fix a good breakfast for your husband and his friends when they get done working...

I could drop each of those trees in the right direction. But I've worked hard enough to pay for someone to clean up the debris.. That's not feminine, that's life. Most things in my life these days go through a fun/money ratio graph in my head. I will not make apologies for it.

A man takes care of things that need doing. If that's laundry, then you do laundry. No shame in my game.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    A man takes care of things that need doing. If that's laundry, then you do laundry. No shame in my game.
    Dang. My man! This bruise ain't as bad as I figgered it'd be on here...

Suck ass at folding laundry and you'll never get asked to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    Make sure a fix a good breakfast for your husband and his friends when they get done working...
    Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Dang. My man! This bruise ain't as bad as I figgered it'd be on here...
    Oh, I suspect you are going to get it pretty good from this crowd. I just ain't in any position to poke fun at a man doing household chores.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

A man should be self sufficient. If he needs his mommy or better half to take care of him he's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    A man should be self-sufficient. If he needs his mommy or better half to take care of him he's useless.
    I agree with this. I cook, clean, and fold laundry all the time not because my wife can't, but because I can. Husbands are called to serve.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

After my recent situation of finding myself quite single, I am back in the folding laundry business. AND just as I am about to complain to myself about doing it, I realize that folding laundry is much better than the price I paid for it being done for me all those years. Do work, no matter what it is, then never apologize. Now if I could get my 19 yr old son to do some of the chores, then it would really be a win. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    Good thing we just had that thread about Mexican food.

I ain’t no arborist. I’ve taken down a few, but I don’t know nearly enough about everything that could go wrong to be comfortable cutting trees that big next to my house. You just keep folding your laundry, and take solace in the fact you won’t be the on the next YouTube compilation of tree cutting disasters.

Be happy you can afford to pay someone to do that and fold laundry! The saying "that's woman's work" is about dead!
    Low country redneck who moved north

I’ve dropped more trees, cut more firewood and run a chainsaw more than my fair share. I’ve folded laundry, cooked dinners, sat and done homework, school drop offs and programs, cleaned house and scrubbed toilets too. You do what it takes to get the job done.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

They arrived at 7:14 for an 8:00 appointment. Knocked-down and chopped-up or shredded (4) decent-sized trees, did some additional limbing, hauled everything away, ground the stumps, and cleaned the entire yard in three hours. Frickin' kill squad, bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    They arrived at 7:14 for an 8:00 appointment. Knocked-down and chopped-up or shredded (4) decent-sized trees, did some additional limbing, hauled everything away, ground the stumps, and cleaned the entire yard in three hours. Frickin' kill squad, bruh.
    Meth is a helluva drug.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I’ve dropped more trees, cut more firewood and run a chainsaw more than my fair share. I’ve folded laundry, cooked dinners, sat and done homework, school drop offs and programs, cleaned house and scrubbed toilets too. You do what it takes to get the job done.
    Nothing more needs to be said.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

This right here.

Now if the wife isn't helping and is lazy around the house (especially if they are stay at home), then you get what you deserve and you have no right to bitch. This isn't aimed at anyone, just a comment.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Meth is a helluva drug.
    I laughed out loud, but it ain't that, bruh. They ain't some clan of jackals in a rape-van with cut-off jeans and white tennYshoes (shout-out to SW); Seals, Force Recon, Deltas, etc. don't need all that; and these guys are like them.

Sorry you've missed out on having your toe nails painted, going to tea parties and playing princess.

Like you said, you do what it takes.

I've folded 8 tons of laundry. It's not the end of the world. But toddler laundry is the worst. The pile just never gets smaller no matter how long you fold it.