Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5Points- Date rape and doobies and passion

Default 5Points- Date rape and doobies and passion

The owner of multiple businesses in the Five Points shopping and entertainment district in downtown Columbia, South Carolina – and the vice president of its influential neighborhood association – was arrested along with a relative last week on multiple drug charges.

Also, these arrests are reportedly just the beginning of a much broader investigation …

Jonathan Sears – who owns or co-owns a lengthy list of Columbia establishments including The Bird Dog, The Cotton Gin, The Gourmet Shop, Hendrix, Jake’s Bar and Pavlov’s – was arrested along with his relative, Geoffrey Sears, on Blossom Street last Thursday by officers of the Columbia, S.C. police department (CPD).
    According to arrest records, 33-year-old Geoffrey Sears was charged with manufacturing marijuana while 39-year-old Jonathan Sears was charged with possession with intent to distribute and a separate charge of possession with intent to distribute in close proximity to a school.
    According to my law enforcement sources, this “ongoing investigation” has less to do with marijuana – a drug which most people in the Palmetto State (including me) believe should be legalized – and more to do with a rash of recent “date rape” druggings that allegedly occurred in the Five Points region of Columbia. Specifically, “date rape” druggings which are alleged to have occurred at Sears’ establishments.

In January of this year, reporter Kailey Cota of The Daily Gamecock – the student newspaper for The University of South Carolina – reported that multiple students and other Five Points patrons reported “being illegally drugged at Cotton Gin, Pavlov’s Bar and Jake’s during the fall 2020 semester.”

At least three victims submitted incident reports in connection with these alleged druggings – describing how they “felt nauseous, dizzy and then vomited and blacked out.”
    https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/06/20/...outh-carolina/

Five Points is a disgusting place.

I used to enjoy Rockafellas though

It was always seedy of course, but once Dail Dinwiddie was taken, the area was quickly exposed for what it was and has gotten progressively worse with time with absolutely no chance of getting better. I knew men who grew up hunting ducks where 5 Points is. Perhaps it is time to quit fighting nature and give some back...

Sad part is the Vista was cool 3 years ago and now it's getting just as bad.

Does he own the gourmet shop too?

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Does he own the gourmet shop too?
    I'm pretty sure a girl I had a couple of classes with in college took it over / bought it a couple of years ago. She might not own 100% of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I'm pretty sure a girl I had a couple of classes with in college took it over / bought it a couple of years ago. She might not own 100% of it though.
    That's what I thought too.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I used to enjoy Rockafellas though
    Here is a calendar from Rockafellas from early 90's. Notice Green Day, The Offspring, Edwin McCain, along with SC favorites Uncle Mingo, Blue Dogs, The Collard People. No really good live music clubs anymore. The Music Farm had a good run, the Tin Roof, but the economics of live music is tough these days. MG

485100_10200687763219156_1326143616_n.jpeg
    Dum Spiro Spero

I think that has been posted on here once.. I saw Greenday there, the second time they played. The Mary Chasers were from here. I saw a few good shows in there, I can still remember vividly the atmosphere and stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Here is a calendar from Rockafellas from early 90's. Notice Green Day, The Offspring, Edwin McCain, along with SC favorites Uncle Mingo, Blue Dogs, The Collard People. No really good live music clubs anymore. The Music Farm had a good run, the Tin Roof, but the economics of live music is tough these days. MG

485100_10200687763219156_1326143616_n.jpeg
    Those were the days of some good music....One of the best and probably least known was the The Collard People's. Fella named John Etheridge was the front man....super good fella. Yhey were a staple around here in Chas late 80s and early 90s...

ETA: just noticed you had mentioned them specifically...that calendar only needed some Dillon Fence and Cowboy Mouth to be just about perfect.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 06-21-2021 at 10:07 AM.

im pretty sure some of those waitersses at rockafellas drugged me before.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Those were the days of some good music....One of the best and probably least known was the The Collard People's. Fella named John Etheridge was the front man....super good fella. Yhey were a staple around here in Chas late 80s and early 90s...

ETA: just noticed you had mentioned them specifically...that calendar only needed some Dillon Fence and Cowboy Mouth to be just about perfect.

I stumbled into the Wind Jammer one night when Cowboy Mouth was playing, I had no clue whatsoever about them. That drummer was intense. I ended up seeing them a couple of times, they were fun to watch live.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I think that has been posted on here once.. I saw Greenday there, the second time they played. The Mary Chasers were from here. I saw a few good shows in there, I can still remember vividly the atmosphere and stage.
    I was part of Living Room Wrestling that opened for Blightobody on the 26th. They were from Florence/Columbia and won the Conan O'Brian LateNight College Band contest. We made the front page of The State on Sunday. Good thing, because it is about all I can remember from that evening. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post

I saw Sublime back during the early warped tour days going to see several bands on that line up.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I was part of Living Room Wrestling that opened for Blightobody on the 26th. They were from Florence/Columbia and won the Conan O'Brian LateNight College Band contest. We made the front page of The State on Sunday. Good thing, because it is about all I can remember from that evening. MG
    Oh, I knew Blightobody. They played a pre Cup party right before that over here.

A friend of mine, from Banner Elk, moved to Camden when he was young was close to a band called Silly. They played there a few times, and talked to my buddy about Green Day.

I was always the out of place looking teenager in my young crowd. I'd walk in there with cords and duck boots on, my hair was just a smidge shabby.. I never got into going full hippie or punk

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I saw Sublime back during the early warped tour days going to see several bands on that line up.
    I recall one evening seeing them and 311 maybe?? Young lady bought us tix for my birthday....It was at whatever the old Myskins turned into right there by Squeakys Tavern off East Bay. From what I could recall, I had a pretty jam up time...

Ahhhh....some early 90's jam band music!
    Those were the days......Follow for Now, Lava Love, AllGood, White Buffalo, Col. Bruce, ......
    Those were the glory days of fun for me!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I stumbled into the Wind Jammer one night when Cowboy Mouth was playing, I had no clue whatsoever about them. That drummer was intense. I ended up seeing them a couple of times, they were fun to watch live.
    Bringing back some memories now...they used to have the "Coors Light Monday Night Jam"every Monday. All summer long they had big name bands on Monday nights...saw Cowboy Mouth there one more than one occasion. I recall the drummer/front man would swing from the balcony and jump all over the place. If there ever was a poster boy for the saying "Cocaine is a helluva drug", it was him. Just when you think you could take a day off after raising hell all weekend? Along comes Monday night at the Jammer....