Thread: Pig Cooker

Default Pig Cooker

Anyone here familiar with BQ Grills out of Elm City, NC?

I知 researching pig cookers. Gas and wood/coal is a must. Burner would be nice but not necessary. Any info or other brands/builders are welcome.

I知 in Savannah, but willing to travel. No real need for one, just have always wanted one and would be nice to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Im sure plenty of good advice or specific recommendations will follow.

I would say make sure the cost involved makes sense for how much you plan to use it and I would definitely recommend having a gas burner or two as it is will be a rare occasion other things aren稚 being cooked when you are BBQing.

Have a place to dry store it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out Hayes BBQ.

He is out of NC and built mine. I致e got a thread on here somewhere of mine. Shoot me a pm and I値l help you out if need be.
    Last edited by b-stick; 06-21-2021 at 05:27 AM.

I researched for months several years ago and ended up with an Alveron. I can cook anything from low and slow BBQ to searing steaks. He can build it anyway you'd like. John Haney 843-509-1046

Last edited by Tha Dick; 06-21-2021 at 06:27 AM.

Love my Alveron!

BQ makes good cookers. I've cooked on a gas one a bunch. Holds temp really well. They make a wood fire version. And you can build one to have both I believe. Or just put two on one trailer, one gas one wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

We have the large BQ gas grill and I love it. We have had it for probably 10 years now and it still cooks great. I also know three other people that have them and haven't heard any complaints. Ours has the turning grates (for flipping a hog) and the dual rear burners, I would recommend both of those options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.