Thread: Lifetime license and saltwater

Default Lifetime license and saltwater

Am I correct in thinking that lifetime hunting and fishing license is only freshwater. I have to purchase a saltwater license annually correct? Son just turned 13.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

That is correct. I bought my son both before he turned 2 and saved a bunch of cash.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

combo license is only hunting/freshwater. saltwater add on is $200. Funny you made this post bc I looked this up yesterday.

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/licenses/pdf/...melicenses.pdf
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

You can buy a lifetime saltwater license too. I bought both my boys a lifetime hunt/fish license before they turned 2.

Instead of buying a lifetime license at age two, if you took that money and invested it in something that returns 5.5% annually then the kid would have $56 every year to buy a sportsman's license and state duck stamp and still have the original cash investment that would have grown to $1028...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Instead of buying a lifetime license at age two, if you took that money and invested it in something that returns 5.5% annually then the kid would have $56 every year to buy a sportsman's license and state duck stamp and still have the original cash investment that would have grown to $1028...
    ... and then, when they turn 64 years old, a complete Combo Lifetime Fish/Hunt (Fresh & Salt) will be $9.00 (at current prices), so they'd still have enough to buy some bait.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I ain’t that disciplined or anal, but it sounds smart.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    I ain’t that disciplined or anal, but it sounds smart.
    Ha - it's what the DNR is, or is supposed, to do with the money.

That’s all good, but if your kid moves out of state and comes home to hunt, they would have to buy non- resident.

Quote Originally Posted by scslayer View Post
    That’s all good, but if your kid moves out of state and comes home to hunt, they would have to buy non- resident.
    I was under the impression they would be grandfathered in.

They are, I was trying to reply to rubberheads comment. I just got my granddaughter her lifetime license for her second birthday.
    Last edited by scslayer; 06-20-2021 at 05:05 PM.

Tell me where I can get a guaranteed 5%.

If I was thinking about getting my kids license I would do it now. As of July 1 the adult saltwater license is going up to $300. I’m not sure what that means for the kid’s ones.

For the record I did get both my boys their lifetime combo, duck stamp and saltwater license. They get their base set of deer tags and turkey tags free and the saltwater stamp increase didn’t affect them at all.
    Last edited by CreekGeek; 06-20-2021 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks guys. Both boys have lifetime hunt and fish. We are at the beach and going fishing this week. Want to be legal.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

They are, I was trying to reply to rubberheads comment. I just got my granddaughter her lifetime license for her second birthday.
    Take the $1000+ and buy a lifetime before moving...

My only point was that it's basically price neutral.

If you have a SC lifetime license and move OOS, your lifetime license is still valid.... no additional "OOS" costs.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

The convenience factor of not having to worry about a license out-ways the hypothetical guaranteed 5.5%