Dollywood>Disney
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

If you want to fight an old redneck, talk shit to me about Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    If you want to fight an old redneck, talk shit to me about Dolly Parton
    My man!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    I guess I saw something different in this article than everyone else. Dolly Parton has done a tremendous amount of work and spent a pile of her own money (pretty quietly, too) for just about any cause you can imagine.

But is seems the current cancel culture has swung so far to the absurd that no one is safe from it. It's like a reverse McCarthyism where unless you're doing the indicting, you must be guilty of something.

I feel like of all the people to come after with some hit piece shitty article, the one with a very demonstrable track record of charity, support for minorities, women, and LGBT would be somewhat safe. But because she's white and southern, she can't possibly "mean it" and she's hiding her true feelings for the sake of her brand.

I guess? Maybe everyone is hung up on the Dolly aspect of this. Personally, it's the vilification of Southern culture that jumped out at me.
    I absolutely get what you are saying, and no, it really doesn’t have anything to do with Dolly. They could’ve, and have, picked Dabo or any number of folks. I guess what I’m saying is that people that think, and have thought, like this author, have never cared for my way of life. I’ve never cared for theirs, but I’m too busy enjoying mine to give half a damn about theirs. I can assure you that this person can’t cancel Dolly Parton. It’s a reminder that we need to support folks who think like we do. It’s the reason we get lunch on Friday from Matt at the corner store, over McDonalds on the way to the farm. It’s a great way to instill in our kids that we support folks we know.

I ve been meaning to sign my kids up for her books, and appreciate the reminder. Just did it.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

The woketards have attacked Tom Hanks in the same manner for his roles in Saving Private Ryan and Forest Gump due to the main character's whiteness even though Hanks is a progressive. They want Hanks to make public statements condemning white privilege and in support of the BLM narrative.

Woketards eating their own.

It's hilarious.

“I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen,” Parton says. “And of course black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones that matter? No!”

“There’s such a thing as innocent ignorance, and so many of us are guilty of that,” Parton says. “When they said ‘Dixie’ was an offensive word, I thought, ‘Well, I don’t want to offend anybody. This is a business. We’ll just call it the Stampede.’ As soon as you realize that [something] is a problem, you should fix it. Don’t be a dumbass. That’s where my heart is. I would never dream of hurting anybody on purpose.”

Vox writers hate who they see in the mirror every morning. One cannot be on a rant 24/7 and be okay inside.

Anger they cannot put her in a bottle. Unlike many artist she has a logical side.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    “I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen,” Parton says. “And of course black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones that matter? No!”

“There’s such a thing as innocent ignorance, and so many of us are guilty of that,” Parton says. “When they said ‘Dixie’ was an offensive word, I thought, ‘Well, I don’t want to offend anybody. This is a business. We’ll just call it the Stampede.’ As soon as you realize that [something] is a problem, you should fix it. Don’t be a dumbass. That’s where my heart is. I would never dream of hurting anybody on purpose.”

Part of the problem of why we are in the state we're in is conforming to the other side. If the word Dixie offends you then tough tits. It's not about hurting anyone it's about making money, that is why it's "the Stampede".

All of this shit is silly but everyday if you own a business you will bend over backwards not to offend anyone all for love of a dollar. It's sickening and I love making money more than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Haven't seen that in 30 years or more..lol
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

The side with a riff raff contingent willing to yell, smear, and riot will usually get their way in this age.

i get what mobetter is stepping in....

but i dont get too riled up over this kind of stuff. Certainly, once they nitpick every facet of people's lives, they will run out of stuff to be offended by.

At that point, I may come out of hiding. Until then, I dont do social media, TV, or walmart.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Boozer, all I want to know is when Dolly approached , did her Bosom cause an indoor eclipse type effect on the lighting or is the hype overstated??

Never met her, but I did get dragged to Dollywood for a Volleyball tournament once.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Boozer, all I want to know is when Dolly approached , did her Bosom cause an indoor eclipse type effect on the lighting or is the hype overstated??

Never met her, but I did get dragged to Dollywood for a Volleyball tournament once.
    What struck me is how petite she was. She was tiny. She had a sweater full
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Imagine leveraging a set of tits into well over half a billion. She did it by outworking everyone else in the industry, then creating her own industry. No doubt had she started off on a ditch digging crew, she would own a construction outfit the size of Flour or Bechtel by now...

I have found that anything the left hates or the Woke crowd is usually everything I stand for in my little world.

The source of the article is VOX.com. I don't think there is a more radical leftist website out there.

Mr. Coker is correct. It is the woke’s Der Stuermer, a rag that even embarrasses many in their own ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I'm convinced the only way to deal with this woke crowd is to ignore them and outlive them.

That's my plan.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Precisely. Have principles; stick to them. Have a means to protect yourself from the woke should they try to physically harm you; practice often. Ignore idiocy; live joyfully.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!