Thread: fishing Kayaks

Default fishing Kayaks

I am thinking 12'. I want one that is stable, but I'm not a pro. Not wanting to break the bank. What would guys recommend?

The Native Slayer 12 looked good.

I’ve got a NuCanoe frontier 12 right now. Extremely stable and 12’ long but not exactly built for speed or really long distance. Used to have the wilderness ride 135 and that was a great kayak as well but maybe longer than what you want. The wilderness tarpon 120 is good too. Haven’t been in a slayer but have heard good things

Whatever Ringking uses.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Used Jackson Cuda 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Used Jackson Cuda 12.
    This right cheer. Had one and it was awesome. I’m 6’3 235 and could stand in mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I have a predator 13 and a native ultimate 12. Completely different but both are awesome boats. Fishing out of the predator at beach this week. Heavy, slow but stable as hell and very fish able.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I know this is cheaper than some have mentioned but I would recommend the Ascend sit on top that BPS sells. I got my wife the 10’ sit on top model and it is super stable, much more stable than the wilderness tarpon. The Plastic on the hull is thinner than wilderness system and perception’s I’ve been around but as long as you don’t plan to drag it down a road I don’t see it being a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I have 2 Native Slayer 12', i use them for fishing and hunting. Great boat.
    Keep the Stars and Bars flying.
    Robert E. Lee

https://m.youtube.com/c/EliasVFishing/videos

This guy is a pretty inspiring kayak fisherman. Of course the ones he uses are pretty pricey. He seems to like the Hobie’s with the pedal drive system and the Old Town Autopilot with the trolling motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    I know this is cheaper than some have mentioned but I would recommend the Ascend sit on top that BPS sells. I got my wife the 10’ sit on top model and it is super stable, much more stable than the wilderness tarpon. The Plastic on the hull is thinner than wilderness system and perception’s I’ve been around but as long as you don’t plan to drag it down a road I don’t see it being a problem.
    I fished out of an Ascend 12’ yesterday. Very stable, and tracks awesome. Plastic is thinner as mentioned. Didn’t know it until after the float trip, but this one had a hole/crack in it, and took a bunch of water on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

I recently got a Vibe Sea Ghost 130 - It ain't the lightest by any stretch, but it's definitely rigged for fishing. Lots of storage and plenty of accessory rail space, with a very comfortable seat.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Definitely check out the Bonafide RS117, Bonafide SS127. Slayer 12 was a good boat. I never felt totally comfortable standing though. They don't make it anymore. The Pescador Pro 120 by Perception is a decent boat like what you are lookin g for. RS117 is better in my opinion though.

What was our users screen name that was in the coast guard that posted all the fishing/hunting photos from kayaks all the time? Believe he’s back in California now but he fished out of a hobie a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    What was our users screen name that was in the coast guard that posted all the fishing/hunting photos from kayaks all the time? Believe he’s back in California now but he fished out of a hobie a bunch.
    Ring King.