Thread: Hunting Boots with a Zero Drop

Default Hunting Boots with a Zero Drop

Been wearing Schnees for navigating difficult terrain and when I looked for zero drop hunting boots I found Russell makes some called the Thuna Thuna. These are a $500 pair and not in my budget. Wondered if anyone was using zero drop boots for hunting like thesee
    . Its kind of a big transition.
    At least I'm housebroken.

I don't know of any true hunting boots that are zero drop, but altra makes a mid-height hiking shoe that is.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Dont know if these would work for you.

https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/10232...xoCOG4QAvD_BwE
    Last edited by wob; 06-18-2021 at 07:29 AM.

I don't even know what that means...?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Longtime fan and user of Russell boots. Don't look at the cost of the initial investment. Look at the fact that the boots are custom made - to your feet. As well as the fact that you are going to get a minimum of 10 years or more out of the boots.

Amortize the cost of the boots over the lifetime. You will spend more on 5-10 pairs of lesser quality boots.

Best money you can spend on yourself.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Longtime fan and user of Russell boots. Don't look at the cost of the initial investment. Look at the fact that the boots are custom made - to your feet. As well as the fact that you are going to get a minimum of 10 years or more out of the boots.

Amortize the cost of the boots over the lifetime. You will spend more on 5-10 pairs of lesser quality boots.

Best money you can spend on yourself.
    Thank you. I believe that...

Here is what I'm referring to:

https://www.russellmoccasin.com/mini...r-custom-made/

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Dont know if these would work for you.

https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/10232...xoCOG4QAvD_BwE
    Maybe! Not really high enough for my taste though. Water crossings and all..

I’ve had Russell Boots - literally wore out a pair of Russell Turkey Hunters over the past 25 years

Russell’s will not be waterproof based on my experience. Given its an all leather boot that actually isn’t that big of a deal. Just have to learn to expect wet socks when you take the boots off

I will say their customer service left a lot to be desired in my last couple of interactions with them

If you decide to go the Russell route, definitely get them custom made. The sizing on their in stock boots is a crap shoot. I ordered some new turkey hunters and a pair of zephyrs off their in stock page. Ordered same size as my 25 year old turkey hunters. When the new boots were delivered all 3 pairs (2 new, 1 old) were very different sizes and it wasn’t even close. This was even though they were all labeled as the same size