Thread: 2022 Toyota Tundra

Default 2022 Toyota Tundra

We'll discover if this engine warrants its name when Toyota formally pulls the wraps off of the new Tundra in the coming weeks. Given the faux intake manifold decoration on the engine cover, it seems likely the iForce Max packs six cylinders as opposed to the iForce's eight. This further reinforces our hypothesis that the (not-for-America) 2022 Toyota Land Cruiser's twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 engine will come to the U.S. to motivate the new Tundra.

The engine packs 409 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque in the latest Land Cruiser, sums we anticipate will carry over to the 2022 Tundra, as well. (These figures also better those of today's 5.7-liter iForce V-8 by 28 horses and 78 lb-ft of torque.) Like the new Land Cruiser, the 2022 Tundra ought to mate its forced induction engine to a 10-speed automatic transmission.

Of course, this is all conjecture until Toyota divulges more specifics about the next-generation Tundra and its iForce Max engine. For now, though, the clues in Toyota's latest teaser for the new Tundra seem to indicate the truck's flagship engine will no longer be a V-8, but a V-6.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022...engine-teaser/

TuRD Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    TuRD Pro
    Haha.

Can’t help but think this might ruin a proven platform.

So greater than 11 mpg?

I refer to mine as a TuRD...just not a pro. I do so with thegreatest respect.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Hopefully better than my 2016. Ran Toyota for years and that was just not a functional truck. Only vehicle I've ever kept less than 100k

I watched a video of it on social media. I'm cool with my v8, and they ended my color.. it would be out of boredom if I bought a new truck, mine just turned 35k and it's 3 years old.

Wish they’d make a 3/4 or 1 ton with a full size bed.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Last edited by fowlshot; 06-18-2021 at 05:40 PM.

No replacement for displacement

Except for a turbo charger

Looks like a Chevy to me with big ass ugly grill
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Looks like they kept that tiny bed. Hopefully there’s a longer option.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by fowlshot View Post
    Body reminds me of the Chevy/GMC 2500's.

That CrewMax with an 8' bed would ensure my interest...and a V8 just for nostalgic purposes.
    At least I'm housebroken.

They ruined the looks of the Tacoma in 2016 and now they are doing the same to the Tundra. I don't know why they would want to make the grills look like a Basking Shark feeding.
    Last edited by MKW; 06-19-2021 at 09:40 AM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    They ruined the looks of the Tacoma in 2016 and now they are doing the same to the Tundra. I don't know why they would want to make the grills look like a Basking Shark feeding.
    More pieces to replace in an accident. #partsmarketbo
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

A guy online with some stellar photoshop skills changed the looks of the truck with some modifications. If they addressed some of the known complaints from consumers, they won’t be able to keep them on a lot.

54D24E67-E717-4373-AA87-C4442B5FA1A7.jpeg
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

My biggest gripe is the software in the stereo, the loose fit of the interior door pieces, (grabs my leg and harm hairs), and the leaf springs in the back. Silly to make something that powerful and any trailer with any tongue weight squats the truck.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton