Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Cooking Recommendations

Default Outdoor Cooking Recommendations

Building a new house and adding a screened porch with a cooking area. Looking for recommendations on a drop in the counter gas grill and flat top griddle thingy. I have a Blackstone but with the rear grease collector that won't work here. I did a quick web search and damn these outdoor kitchen sites are proud of their stuff. I have a large Green Egg that I'll continue to use more often but the propane grill is for when I'm in a hurry or it's raining. Thanks in advance.

following!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Stalker, leave me alone!

must be nice

One of these threads should be a sticky.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

You will not regret putting a grease fryer out there too.
    DILLIGAF

Sink, fryer, grill (propane and/or wood), flat top, refrigeration, freezer, maybe an ice maker, power for the margarita machine, storage drawers and cabinets...
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I would first check to see if there was any sort of standard size for a cooktop so you don't put in something that will be difficult to replace. We ran into that with our very old beach house kitchen. The space between the cabinets was designed for a stove/oven of a size that is no longer available.

This was my spring project. I just turned an empty bay in my shop into an outdoor kitchen. I bought a bundle of cypress 1x6 and just went to town. My first attempt at pour in place concrete countertops. I just used a standard 30" gas stove top. I use a regular 20lb propane cylinder to run the stove and a small instant water heater. I plan on getting a cast iron griddle top for this stove instead of a stand alone Blackstone style griddle. There are several companies that sell them. If the stove top goes out, ill always be able to replace it with a similar stove top from any where for a few hundred $$ within a couple days.

20210502_183918.jpg

20210502_183733.jpg

20210502_183724.jpg

20210502_183453.jpg

20210502_183658.jpg

That looks awesome

Damn fine cook shed- but what is this mystery thing you started with- an empty bay in my shop- i ain't never heard of such a thing.

Looks good dixie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Damn fine cook shed- but what is this mystery thing you started with- an empty bay in my shop- i ain't never heard of such a thing.
    haha. Downsized from 2 boats to 1 boat for the first time in 15 years. Going to eventually pour another 24x30 pad beside this shop, build a 24x24 covered area there for my boat and fishin shit with room for an additional boat if/when I need it, which will empty another larger bay right behind this cook shed area. I'm going to close that bay in and eventually turn it into a dedicated woodworking area. I have to take it one step at a time between deer season, turkey season, and 100 degree days

Likeapalooza. That is nice. Would you go with the square sink again or back to more rounded corners?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Likeapalooza. That is nice. Would you go with the square sink again or back to more rounded corners?
    Mehhh.... I havent noticed any negatives with the square sink, the edges are still kind of rounded. It rinses out just fine. I really do like the undermount style though for easy cleanup. You can just sweep everything off the counters right into the sink and rinse it down the drain.

20210502_183720.jpg

I don't think I'd leave that spot. I'm jealous

I like they way they look, but wondered about the cleanup in the corners. That answers that! Thanks.

Beautiful, DDS. How long'd all that take you? And did you do err'thing yourself, or did you sub-out stuff like plumbing and electrical?

Man put me a tv in that thing and I'd never leave. Very nice dds
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Great looking cook shed for sure. I’d still be interested in brands for the built in gas grill and flat top?