Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Authentic Mexican Food

I know salt muck really likes La Hacienda in Greenwood.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Pull up on one of my jobs at 12
    Really, I've been in construction for 26 years, best food you will eat is when the women show up at lunch. These gringos wanna order combo #8 with no tomatoes and a large cheese dip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Can't have authentic messican come to you. You gotta go to it. Tijuana would be a good start.
    I have gotten some killer dishes on the street corners of Tijuana, just have to chase the flies off it and refrigeration is not real popular with the street vendors.
    Down in Puerto Escondido are some little dives that cook the fish right in front of you.....stupid good

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    Taqueria el jarocha in orangeburg
    They closed the restaurant and run a good truck on 1 in west Columbia across from the Walmart.

I miss it as it was my lunch spot 3 days a week.
    cut\'em

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    3 Caminos in Aiken. Monterry’s is the Quincey’s of messican bart.
    This!
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Really, I've been in construction for 26 years, best food you will eat is when the women show up at lunch. These gringos wanna order combo #8 with no tomatoes and a large cheese dip.
    This right here. When my guys bring something their wives made for supper the night before and zap it in the $10 microwave that looks like it got thrown off the side of a cliff you pull up a seat if they ask you to. You're missing out if you don't.

One of my guys brothers framed the inside of my house. Every day at 6 on the dot they would drop their guns, kill the compressor and pull out a case of modelo, bag of homemade tortillas and some type of homemade red salsa that was in a milk jug and eat at a picnic table they brought. They would eat and drink till it was all gone then hop in and go home. At the time I had never had modelo. It went great with the tortillas and salsa

Oh yeah, and they ain't eating no white cheese dip.
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 06-17-2021 at 11:42 PM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

They had a jam up old grocery store right up the road from me, the family that owned it would cook in the back, when I had time I'd take my invitation to the back. Good food. But around here with the amount of stables we have, we've got a couple food women that are out there. Years back one would settle up with the workers on the far end of my parking lot after running tabs for the week.

fyi, Salud's tamales still trump any that I've eaten. They do a sweet corn tamale, salsa verde, and queso fresca on top, it's awesome.. Masa's are the standards. The same family owns a few San Jose's and Coa over there in Metropolis.

Carlitos Taco's at the Advanced Auto across from Academy in Spartanburg.
    El Burrito on Parris Bridge is Boiling Springs (you might get what you order or you might get what they think you said)

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Cilantro is puke in leaf form. There. I said it.
    Bite your tongue, bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    Mexicans have a wonderful sense of humor.
    I agree with this and not just Mexicans but most of Latin America.

I know they catch a lot of flack, but there are parts of their culture that should be respected to the utmost.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Hell I’d rather hang out with some amigos than white folk any day. They like to have fun, are drama free, and don’t really gossip about one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I know salt muck really likes La Hacienda in Greenwood.
    Don’t evening get me started. Closest I came to a night in the clink since I swam the reflection pond that night in front of Cooper Library.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    There ain't no real Mexican food on the East Coast. In fact I would almost go as far as to say there isn't any even in Texas (too much TexMex influence). Now, once you hit the West Coast then that's a whole other story!!! Nothing beats true Mexican food and there is no comparison between what we get out here and what's available elsewhere in the US.
    I agree, never been to a restaurant that could hold a candle to the food cooked down in Sonora, over a mesquite fire on the side of a cinder block shack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Last time I went to San Antonio, I went straight away and found a dirty, greasy taco joint in a rough part of town on Culbera Road. No body in the place spoke English, but I can say the words cuatro taco de carne asada, por favor. I don’t believe I’ve ever had them that good anywhere. Might have had something to do with all that beef fat dripping off my elbows. I ate there at least once every day. There are a few Mexican joints around Charleston that do a competent job making tacos. La Hacienda is one of them, but you can’t help but get the feeling the food is Americanized for gringos.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Hell I’d rather hang out with some amigos than white folk any day. They like to have fun, are drama free, and don’t really gossip about one another.
    Right up until you hand them a handle of Firefly vodka as a thanks for a job well done. You get to see just how much indio is in each one's heritage real quick. The ones that are from the north and have a little Comanche blood somewhere, can go from 0-60 in a sip...

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    They closed the restaurant and run a good truck on 1 in west Columbia across from the Walmart.

I miss it as it was my lunch spot 3 days a week.
    Dang. How long ago was that? It’s been awhile since I been. But I did ride past the other day and looked like one is there. I didn’t catch the name though

Fuck around and try to out drink or out play cards. Hurt is your end up..

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Fuck around and try to out drink or out play cards. Hurt is your end up..
    Pitching Quarters is the game played in the shade waiting on the shingles to cool done enough so you can work with them without scarring them
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Don’t evening get me started. Closest I came to a night in the clink since I swam the reflection pond that night in front of Cooper Library.
    Dude, don't leave me hangin'. What's the story, bubba?

Wife finds a wad of shrink wrap (think size of sliced cheese wrapper) in her food. I tell the waiter and they take away the plate. They offer to bring another and she declines. Bill comes and waiter had not removed it. I tell the cashier/manager and she says she won’t take it off. She tries to tell me it was onion. I refuse to pay for it and she threatens to call the cops. I tell her she can use my phone. Cops come and tell me Greenwood has some sort of law about you must pay for whatever food you order, even if you find the cooks name tag in it. He was very professional and tells me it’s retarded, but I’ll have to pay for the dish or go to jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!