Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Variable Winds >10 knots

I wanna ride along when you do
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Layed down to a Slick Dick bout 7ish. We was running 36/kts coming home. That Wahoo would been money at the rock islanddude
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Layed down to a Slick Dick bout 7ish. We was running 36/kts coming home. That Wahoo would been money at the rock islanddude
    Was nothing to write home about at 22.5lbs. But it ate damn good tonight. Didn’t even fire up the grill.

I weighed it at patriots the following morning for some tournament my buddy who owns the boat we fished entered but I don’t even know what it was for. Drove it there, weighed it, and took it back home in a fish bag for consuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re are going for it Saturday at the moment.
    867-5309

I like dolphin
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Oddly, I got a little green on Monday and it has probably been 20+ years since I have felt that way. Felt great all the way out. Stopped to put out lines and I looked up at the tower from cockpit to help with outriggers and immediately was feeling sideways. Took me about an hour to feel right again and then was fine rest of day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've seen that happen, handed a friend, who never gets sick, a rod to stick in the t-top, when he looked up he went down like you flipped a switch, for 6 hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I've seen that happen, handed a friend, who never gets sick, a rod to stick in the t-top, when he looked up he went down like you flipped a switch, for 6 hours
    Every once in a while, the queasy comes on band I’ll grab a water and some nabs. I’ve learned there’s certain things I just don’t eat prior to a trip.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I slipped and swallowed a mouthfull of copenhagen as I got ready to spit on the downwind side in some quartering seas during a squall once.

I dont think I have ever been that sick before, or since. Ruint for the entire trip and only started feeling better on the ride home. Aside from trying not to fall down in the shower after a long day on the water, and that...never had a real problem.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

It’s got to be awful.

Once took a game warden 10 miles out to spadefish.

Water as slick as the congaree, in sight of the shoreline.

He fished for about an hour fine as can be, then just put his rod down and went and sat up in the bow.
    Minutes later he was in bad shape.

I feel for those folks. It looks like tee total misery.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Did a surface transit through the NE quadrant of Hurricane Bob in ‘91 in a submarine. 52° roll was the worst one we took. I slept through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Did a surface transit through the NE quadrant of Hurricane Bob in ‘91 in a submarine. 52° roll was the worst one we took. I slept through it.
    Tater wins
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Don’t let his avatar fool you.

Tater is one of the most worldly experienced men on this forum.

Dude saw Phish play at a house party before they were phish.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Every once in a while, the queasy comes on band I’ll grab a water and some nabs. I’ve learned there’s certain things I just don’t eat prior to a trip.
    I learned the hard way I can't eat a greasy biscuit and hash browns on the way out.

Why surface transit in a hurricane?

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post

Strong.

Same, hurricane felix in 1995. 2 week before a 6 month med run.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Same, hurricane felix in 1995. 2 week before a 6 month med run.
    One of the most profound statements about the power of a hurricane was from someone that was in one for Andrew, they were told to go through it, think they went past 500ft before it stopped rolling over 30 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Don’t let his avatar fool you.

Tater is one of the most worldly experienced men on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    One of the most profound statements about the power of a hurricane was from someone that was in one for Andrew, they were told to go through it, think they went past 500ft before it stopped rolling over 30 degrees.
    Ain’t no lie. Hell, 150’ in the North Atlantic you can feel the roll.