Thread: English ivy

Default English ivy

I'm overgrown with English ivy. What herbicide will kill it? Thanks

I just sprayed a lot of my crap with a generic version of Crossbow, and a good bit of ivy got hit too. I'll report later.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Glyphosate and garlon with a surfactant. Mix both at 4% and it’ll go away and won’t come back.

Garlon is your friend...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

2-4 d with some dawn dish soap works too, but not as good as garlon.

Y’all ever noticed all the English ivy in Atlanta when you pass through on I-20? Covered up...

Thanks everybody.

FYI, Garlon is great when needing to apply under mature hardwood without causing harm to the over-story hardwood.
    As a caution Garlon can volatilize in extreme heat and can move to non target plants such as azalea, gardenia and the likes.
    It will kill them deader than dead......FYI
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

What about Yuca plants/weeds? Will it kill them to if so I need to get some. I ripped some out of a bed last fall and they might have come back even more since then. Everything I see online says if you rip them out then dig a 3 by 4 foot hole around them to get everything out or cut them then spray them

Crossbow, but it will volatilize as well. Used it to kill a backyard full of ivy. Could see it hurt it after a week or so but took about a month or two to kill it dead.

Brushtox may also work

I killed a big bed full by weedeating then spraying with glyphosate that day. An easy option if you don't already have other chemicals on hand or worry about other bushes and plants.