Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Hunting on WMA

How many of you believe all WMA land should be open to hunting six days per week during the season but are in favor waterfowl rest days on public water?
    I get the premise both ways but some of you are speaking out of both sides of your mouth!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I'm against it - not from a Christian perspective because "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" but from a wildlife/wildlife management perspective.
    Close it to all access then. Fishermen, mountain bikers, horseback riding, Jackie and Dianne on a picnic. Write them tickets just as severe as I would if I was sunday hunting on .gov property. Just be consistent, damnit. Fishermen do more to push ducks off than any duck hunter ever dreamt of.

In my opinion, the GA has given us the gift of hunting and fishing as a constitutional right so they can perpetually meddle in wildlife management. Befuddles the hell out of me how then they can justify restricting that Constitutional right.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    That's all fine and well but that means giving Karen a seat at the table.......
    Karen already has a seat at the table. Everyone is too scared to tell Karen she cant visit on a Sunday so they restrict what is essentially half of a working man's opportunities.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 06-14-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

If you want to argue rest days, give them two and on consecutive days. Tuesday-Wednesday. Gives a man who works more than one day a week to exercise his constitutional right.

I've never seen anywhere where we seek to punish ourselves more than we do here in SC in the name of conservation. Reminds me of a woman who gets beat by her husband and keeps coming back because she loves him so.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

is it public land or government-owned land with public access?

asking for a friend....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

not sure, but you can bet your sweet ass that I won't be there. and I like shooting doves on Sunday.

If it pleases the crown, might I utilize this public property as it was intended and set aside for?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

asking for a friend....
    The answer to that question is coming like a freight train. Ah well. At least lease prices will get a huge bump...

asking for a friend....
    yes sir
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I say open it all up. Cat1s cat2s. Everything everyday all day !
    867-5309

Nonhunters can utilize WMA 7 days a week. 52 weeks a year so they aren't getting screwed out of anything. And no, I dont want them to have to pay a user fee as others have stated because it gives them a say on WMA use and practices.
    As far as Sunday hunting on WMA, I am 100% in favor of if. It would most likely reduce the pressure on Saturday only areas and more importantly it would allow more hunting days for the majority of people that work Monday thru Friday.
    If 7 days a week creates too much pressure on the resource then close it for 2 days during the week. This would create a net result of reducing the current number of hunting days from six to five.

I would think that opening up WMA's on Sundeay might actually spread out the pressure that is all piled up on Saturday's.

I am more in favor of creating non combustion waterfowl areas than I am rest days. Some of us are willing to paddle for miles as long as a surface drive mud boat doesn't have access.
    Last edited by cajunwannabe; 06-14-2021 at 05:37 PM.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

You can have quantity or you can have quality. But rarely can you have both. If you increase hunter opportunity, you will have to reduce hunter "take" somehow. Are you public land hunters ready for a 1 or 2 bird turkey season? Are you ready for a 3 deer tag season?
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Just think how absolutely screwed up a place is that won’t let the public hunt public on Sunday.
    Football bat/Soup Sandwich.
    You’re logic is sound. Not enough public and game to go around.
    Like I said. Football bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Public hunting sucks anyways so why would you want to have a rest day for the wildlife. I say go for it and finish it off.
    80-20 Genaration

It’s always made me scratch my head that I can’t do a walk-in WMA duck hunt on a Sunday but I can put my boat in and hunt the same spot as long as I don’t get out the boat.

I’m for Sunday hunting. I hunt exclusively on public and work Monday-Friday. A good Sunday afternoon hunt would be nice. And I’m not sure the deer really relax just because of one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    You can have quantity or you can have quality. But rarely can you have both. If you increase hunter opportunity, you will have to reduce hunter "take" somehow. Are you public land hunters ready for a 1 or 2 bird turkey season? Are you ready for a 3 deer tag season?
    Absolutely

not directly on topic, but those that think karen doesnt have a say.....a $10 fishing license gets a say. so go ahead and tack on the public use charge. iv got to pay to play so should everyone else. tired of freeloaders

not for the sunday hunting. i dont care much about anything but duck hunting anyway, so im game for some rest. even if you dont hunt public, same birds are using private

asking for a friend....
    All land is government land

Open it up... It's public land. Going to see a decrease in tags on turkey anyhow soon. I would still wake up early and walk a few miles for a bird. I have place to hunt on Sundays but some days you just want to go out in the woods and walk and see what happens.. many that say not to open it already hunt private land on Sundays.n
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965