Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Hunting on WMA

Default Sunday Hunting on WMA

There is a public input meeting this Thursday at 6pm in Pickens. It wasn’t well advertised and if not for David Strickland I and most others wouldn’t have known about it. If you cannot attend please let your reps know where you stand. There “may” be other meetings but no plans at the moment so please let DNR and your reps hear from you. For those who wish to attend the information is below…

BB6A4A8F-FDC6-4315-99C4-94043C885285.jpeg

I'm against it - not from a Christian perspective because "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" but from a wildlife/wildlife management perspective.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I’d rather see them make all people using the WMA’s have to buy an annual use permit, like we do to hunt. It’s ridiculous that I have to buy a permit, but Karen and her entourage of soccer moms can ruin my hunt, for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Either make all sunday hunting illegal or open it up on WMAs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    I’d rather see them make all people using the WMA’s have to buy an annual use permit, like we do to hunt. It’s ridiculous that I have to buy a permit, but Karen and her entourage of soccer moms can ruin my hunt, for free

That's all fine and well but that means giving Karen a seat at the table.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Either make all sunday hunting illegal or open it up on WMAs.
    that makes absolutely zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Totally agree. It's better to have Karen feel like a guest of hunters rather than a stake holder who had to buy a permit.

Leave WMA closed on Sunday except for nature walking. Hunters benefit from this day of scouting because they won't interfere with someone's hunt.

Open it up. I'm all about providing more access to "OUR" land.

Works for me but cut the season to the same amount of days on the front ends. With turkey season move back 5 or 6 days.

I saw this and couldn't fine a link. Why Pickens unless the GA is sending DNR around for more public meetings AGAIN. It will stay track for 10 minutes then black Panthers and lease prices.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    Totally agree. It's better to have Karen feel like a guest of hunters rather than a stake holder who had to buy a permit.

Leave WMA closed on Sunday except for nature walking. Hunters benefit from this day of scouting because they won't interfere with someone's hunt.
    I agree with this.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post

I get it. I honestly do. But public land is all I have to hunt. I try my best to get off the beaten path when hunting, and away from areas hikers, etc may be. Unfortunately, when a turkey gobbles, you have to hunt him where he is.

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    that makes absolutely zero sense.
    It makes sense if they are wanting to make this about "fairness."
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

This will make WMA more attractive to OOS hunters. May be good local business just more pressured land.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    This will make WMA more attractive to OOS hunters. May be good local business just more pressured land.
    Good point
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

As a public land hunter its a difficult question to answer. I understand all points, making everyone buy a permit to use will give Karen a seat at the table. If its raining hard on Saturday I would like to hunt Sunday but I do like scouting on Sunday without worrying about walking under someone and spoiling thier hunt. Really hard for me to answer, I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Why Pickens unless the GA is sending DNR around for more public meetings AGAIN. It will stay track for 10 minutes then black Panthers and lease prices.
    Rex and David both represent Pickens

Rex has the following Committee Assignments
    Corrections and Penology
    Education
    Judiciary
    Labor, Commerce and Industry
    Transportation

David is Chairman of the Agriculture, Natural Resources & Environmental Affairs Committee
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I go back and forth. Would be nice to hunt Sunday, but I do believe we need some rest days. You can’t ever please everyone. That being said I have other places to hunt on Sunday and don’t hunt public as much as I used to. I think it would be better to have more rest days but also don’t want more govt regulation of public land. Like I said I’m conflicted.
    More Ducks, Less People

should be open on Sunday bc it's public land. period. Overarching premise is we have placidly accepted the notion that the govt is giving us permission and doing us a favor we should be deeply in gratitude of. the other arguments pro and con are secondary to this.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

How many states allow Sunday hunting?

How many times do you hunt out of state and hunt on Sundays?

I hunt on Sundays out of state, just can't here.

What about folks that work 6 days a week and only have Sunday off?

I'm playing the devils advocate but am curious.

IMHO, regarding wildlife management, we've been too liberal for too long regarding season lengths and limits (on deer and turkey specifically) and it will eventually bite us in the butt.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill