Thread: Vortex venom vs Burris Fastfire III

Default Vortex venom vs Burris Fastfire III

I’ve seen lots of people on here post about the Burris with great reviews. Anyone have a venom and have any opinions? One recommended over the other? Will be on a Ruger mark iv
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I can’t speak to the vortex but don’t think you can go wrong with the fastfire. Have done great on our turkey guns and I’m planning to put one on a 22 for pig trap euthanasia

I have owned both, I prefer the venom over the Burris. The venom has more brightness setting and longer battery life. As the article says below I have found it to outperform the Burris on all level. Just my opinion. However this article may help you more than I can.

https://tacticsfaq.com/burris-fastfi...-vortex-venom/
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 06-11-2021 at 10:09 AM.

I went with the Venom based on what I had read in reviews, such as banded_mallard's comments above.

I've also read a review that said that the Venom had a 'slightly larger and clearer' screen than others, including the Fast Fire III. I've never looked through an FFII or FFIII, so I can't say, but I don't really think you can go wrong with either one.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I will agree with the others you are splitting hairs.

I have a Venom. My hunting buddies son set my gun inside my door in the pitch dark, buddy then shut the door on it. Really I’m to blame for not having my gun under my own supervision, but I digress. It crushed the Venom. A 3 minute call to Vortex speaking to an actual human that spoke English, and I had a brand new Venom 5 days later. Along with a cool hat and shirt. No cost to me whatsoever.

nice, I bought a used fastfire3 and the mounting plate holes were stripped out. I called burris to buy another and they sent one free of charge. I agree, dont think you can go wrong with either.

I have both. No appreciable difference between them.
    Carolina Counsel

The warranty would sway me towards the Venom. I've been holding out a long time for a Trijicon due to its smaller size, but I just don't feel like shelling out that much money for a "toy".

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I’ve had both and consider both disposable. Riding a reciprocating slide is the harshest test a red dot will endure. I’ve only had two last. Trijicon and LeupoldmDelta point. If you’re not going to invest you’re money in one of those two , buy the Venom. You eventually need the warranty.

Vortex has the best customer service in America.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I’ve had both and consider both disposable. Riding a reciprocating slide is the harshest test a red dot will endure. I’ve only had two last. Trijicon and LeupoldmDelta point. If you’re not going to invest you’re money in one of those two , buy the Venom. You eventually need the warranty.
    What about Holosun or Shield? What's your opinion on those? Shield makes one that coincidentally is the same width of a S&W M&P Shield pistol slide and fits in front of the rear sight.

I have friends that use the Holosuns. I haven’t heard anything negative. No experience with the shield. I’ve got an SRO on my Glock 35 and if the mounting plates are ever in stock again, I will have my 2011 milled for one.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Good thing it’s going on a Ruger mark iv
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by ShortMagFan View Post
    I can’t speak to the vortex but don’t think you can go wrong with the fastfire. Have done great on our turkey guns and I’m planning to put one on a 22 for pig trap euthanasia
    That's a great idea for pig trap carnage!
    I'll be outfitting one of mine
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    Good thing it’s going on a Ruger mark iv
    That where I put my Venom when it came back from being repaired. Hopefully it will hold up on a .22. Time will tell.
    Last edited by FLS; 06-12-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    That's a great idea for pig trap carnage!
    I'll be outfitting one of mine
    Got it sighted in today at 25 feet. Looking forward to using it

I have the Venom. It’s great. Clear and reliable.

Just ordered a venom. Now waiting on my suppressor to get out of jail and it should be a fun little gun
    R. Not