Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins…

Default And so it begins…

Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I like Onward Reserve. I don't like the decision to pay student athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

They are opening Pandora’s box in my opinion but whatever.

I have never heard of Onward Reserve, think it is a stupid name, but hope they do well in the space with whoever it is they target. Could not care less about whether they pay kids to play or don't. The good ones have always gotten paid anyway, so why not be above board with it...

UGA "frat boy" community is probably the worst in the south...good decision by him business wise though.

Check out the names on the guys he is sponsoring....

No problem in the world with this.......

Give the kids a choice; Scholarship or paycheck?

No sense in wasting the kid's or the professor's time if they aren't there to learn. Pay 'em, juice 'em and let them entertain the grown man jersey club. Like JAB said; why try to hide an elephant behind a broom stick. We all know what happens so stop trying to deny it.

All this, the clothing, the school, the athletics, is a business. It's just business. The school profits from giving the athlete a scholarship by putting the best players possible on the field in order to sell tickets on Saturday. It's an investment. It's not about education, everyone knows that. I mean, for the players that will not make it to the pro level it is, but to the school it isn't.

Now the amateur athlete in GA, the "pawns" in this game, can get a check for his or her likeness and using the platform. Only difference I see with the pros is those guys don't have to go to class.

If the university can profit, why can't the athlete? Not allowing them to collect that check continues to make them pawns... unpaid pawns. I say pay em. It's capitalism, and aren't we all fit capitalism? It's happening in the shadows, this just brings into the open.

I'm willing to bet that guy's clothing brand with the stupid name will see some profits.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 06-13-2021 at 09:47 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Just read where Dabozo's two sons have secured the second most lucrative NIL deal on the team. Only behind J Ross.
    They are truly blessed to be so talented
    Who would have thought it, a receiver w/ 7 catches for 29 yards?
    #placeholderU
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-13-2021 at 10:03 AM.

I wish my kid had been able to get paid for her athletic endeavors. That shit cost me a bunch of future hunting trips. Bwahahahahahaha!!!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Just read where Dabozo's two sons have secured the second most lucrative NIL deal on the team. Only behind J Ross.
    #placeholderU
    I imagine Donald Trump Jr. is pretty well known simply for being DT’s son. Dabo is probably just as famous as the Don, so it makes sense.

Haskins the QB that "went" to Ohio State was quoted as saying, "I didn't come here to play school"

In a better world, the NFL would have a minor league system they have to fund rather than colleges. The Dwayne Haskins of the sport would "enjoy" sixteen hour bus rides to games and eat pre and post game spreads of PB & J and bananas [like minor league baseball players "enjoy"].

But in the current world, college programs spend more than they make every single season and few ever graduate with a degree. Think about that the next time you're writing a check to the booster club.

True. The need a minor league. Probably would make for better college football.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    In a better world, the NFL would have a minor league system they have to fund rather than colleges. The Dwayne Haskins of the sport would "enjoy" sixteen hour bus rides to games and eat pre and post game spreads of PB & J and bananas [like minor league baseball players "enjoy"].

But in the current world, college programs spend more than they make every single season and few ever graduate with a degree. Think about that the next time you're writing a check to the booster club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post

Preach. Also, I question any person who still donates money to any university for athletics in 2021. You're not a smart person.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    #placeholderU
    He would be the leading returning receiver in Columbia
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    He would be the leading returning receiver in Columbia
    and a finalist for an award.......solid stats
    "Will and Drew, a redshirt junior, were walk-ons and have taken snaps at wide receiver with the Tigers. Will, the older of the two, became a scholarship player in 2018 and was a William V. Campbell Trophy semifinalist last season with seven catches for 29 yards during. Drew had three receptions for 18 yards last year."

last time I checked, my bank account didnt care about my stats.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Must be a shortage of receivers capable of making those 4-6 yd catches.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-16-2021 at 07:12 AM.