Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFB Playoff expanding

It was bound to happen, and it will eventually get to 16. I would imagine if they structure it correctly there will be some added home games for the playoffs similar to FCS. The downside of that is more tickets to buy as your team moves on. I could care less either way.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    y'all do realize there is a golf match on right now.
    Hell of a Woman's TENNIS match on bout an hour ago, just sayin
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

All about the money. This was bound to happen. However, they should take the now meaningless non-playoff upper tier bowls and incorporate them into the playoffs. Eliminate the patsy games for these teams like NDSt, N. Texas, Citadel, Akron, W&M, USuC etc. from the schedules. The top 4 teams will still be the only relevant teams in the end.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Top players are sitting out bowl games like spoiled egocentric brats (clowneying) so they gotta do something. Or maybe Americans don't care to have black activism shoved down their throat bc they're not obsessed about race. Either way, all sports including nascar will never be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Ugh. Ill be first.

It will do nothing to help decide who is the best team. If that is the goal, then having 4 teams compete in it is enough of a pool of candidates.

If we have 8 teams in the playoff, then the no 9 team will just complain like the no 5 team does now. Someone is always going to be left out and cry foul.
    It's not about the best team. Never was. It's about the money. Always will be.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    I think 8 would make for some good games and competition.

There is (usually) no doubt who the best team in the nation is any given year (2020 Bama, 2019 LSU), but there will be some years where that isn't so and a sleeper 6,7, or 8 seed with end of the season momentum could make a scene.
    Let's not forget a 4 seed OSU won in the initial CFP.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

If Clemson wasn’t a lock already.
    Better to piss off #9 than #5.

Always about the money. Why do you think the fish eaters were called by name in the BCS system?

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    If Clemson wasn’t a lock already.
    Better to piss off #9 than #5.

Always about the money. Why do you think the fish eaters were called by name in the BCS system?
    Poor poor UGA. 1980. Hahahaha
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by Featherduster View Post
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides
    Yep,....Georgia got screwed.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Most of y’all watched money and pandering to the wrong crowd ruin nascar.

Now it’s college footballs turn…

So what exactly is "the wrong crowd" in the terms of college football. Know thine enemy, right?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I miss the days when we could just hate sports writers who decided #1 after a very short bowl season, when not every SEVEN win team got a bowl invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Yep,....Georgia got screwed.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    For the past 40 years.

It's strictly about money. All you have to do is look at the top two conferences pushing for this to happen, the PAC-12 and the SEC. The PAC-12 knows this is the only way for the near future that they will get a team back to the playoff and receive some revenue from it. The SEC wants it because they know they will have no less than 3 teams make the playoff and just continue to get richer.
    Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post

......Some of you guys are fastidious and choosy to the point of near faggotry.