Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You make the call...

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    If that had been my wife, I would find that cop and beat his brains out of his ears.
    Yes sir. I’d get some Hampton county justice with his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I think many “bad incidents” could be prevented if departments were given the necessary funds to provide the appropriate level of training for what I consider to be the most stressful profession in existence. They also need funding to provide much higher salaries to attract individuals that may be better suited to the rigors of the job. I know several people that are or have been in law enforcement that I wouldn’t trust with the responsibility of caring for a pet rock, yet they are given the authority to deprive people of their freedom and, potentially, their lives. There also needs to be a heavy increase in the amount of mental care and down time that LEOs receive to reduce the risks associated with job burnout. There’s a lot more I could say on this, but my point is policing, through a combination of radical changes to funding and policy, could be substantially better, and incidents like the one in question are evidence that it should.
    Funds??? Governments dont even want to provide enough money for necessary equipment. Ive known plenty of agencies that had to do fundraisers for vests. Nobody wants to fund police agencies because it usually means increased taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t look like any traffic. That could be for a number of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Ghost View Post
    Funds??? Governments don’t even want to provide enough money for necessary equipment. I’ve known plenty of agencies that had to do fundraisers for vests. Nobody wants to fund police agencies because it usually means increased taxes.

You don’t need to increase taxes if you spend the money where it needs to go. 23 million dollars would do a department some good.

The entire police dash cam with audio is posted on ar15.com in the general discussion section- including the lawsuit press conference with her lawyer- he hit her with the blue lights for speeding, she slowed to 60, signaled and moved to the right lane, turned on her flashers, 127 seconds after the blue lights lit up- he crashed her- just after passing the exit 1 mile ahead sign. Then he shit talked to her while she was trapped upside down. She asked him why- and said she was following the Arkansas drivers manual for traffic stops( printed manual shows that she was correct) - lots more followed

These cases are why the cops having qualified immunity is BS

Taxpayers will foot the bill for this one too. Put it on the LEO tab

Attempted vehicular manslaughter

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    You don’t need to increase taxes if you spend the money where it needs to go. 23 million dollars would do a department some good.
    It definitely would

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I'm of the opinion she should have pulled over and stopped. If she felt unsafe or if it was unsafe, the officer would have likely let her drive to the next exit after he made contact with her. In most cases these guys have to get permission from supervision to perform a PIT so I bet there is more to the story than we are getting here.
    There wasnt a shoulder to pull over on she would have had to stop in the lane. But none of that matters since the state driving manual says she should have done exactly as she did. Neither your opinion nor mine matters when that comes into play. No matter though if that was my wife that cop would see the sun rise tomorrow!

A speeding violation warrants a pit maneuver?

Since when does speeding deserve use of deadly force, or not stopping for a blue light for that matter? Until I’m doing something waaaay more drastic than speeding, no pit maneuver, taser, nor gun needs to be used. So what if I’m running from the cops? You get to kill me for it?? Even if you can see me carrying drugs in my hand while running from the cops, you can actually kill me for it!? What the fuck? Not the case here I know but still. This guy is an asshole that’s pissed bc she didn’t do what he thinks she should do. End of story.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    The entire police dash cam with audio is posted on ar15.com in the general discussion section- including the lawsuit press conference with her lawyer- he hit her with the blue lights for speeding, she slowed to 60, signaled and moved to the right lane, turned on her flashers, 127 seconds after the blue lights lit up- he crashed her- just after passing the exit 1 mile ahead sign. Then he shit talked to her while she was trapped upside down. She asked him why- and said she was following the Arkansas drivers manual for traffic stops( printed manual shows that she was correct) - lots more followed
    Unreal.

First she isn’t in the safest area and yeah did the right thing. Second, have any of you actually had a run in with Arkansas State Police? Many of them can be royal assholes. This isn’t at all surprising but uncalled for.
    For the ducks

There are questions about when a speeding violation and subsequent failure to stop for LE warrants a pit maneuver. In most states its based on the level of crime failure to stop for LE is. If FTS is misdemeanor, a PIT will likely not be used (absent any other circumstances). If FTS is felony in that particular state, a PIT may be used. In some instances a PIT may be used to end a pursuit in effort of mitigating any threat to the uninvolved public with the pursuit continuing. You see the longer a pursuit continues the greater the danger to the public, officer and suspect.

So I think we can all agree, everyone around here loves a thief. Ill pose the hypothetical of an officer patrolling in (pick the county of you favorite hunt club) and he passes an suv with no tag light going 10 over the speed limit. He attempts the traffic stop with that vehicle not stopping (in whatever manner you choose). You make the call.. only based on that information. The following weekend you find your aforementioned hunt club burglarized with every item of value (intrinsic and sentimental) gone. To top it off the suv used to get around the hunt club is the vehicle he tried to stop but hadnt been reported stolen yet and fits the description as the one pursued.

So, the same scenario as above with the exception of your lifelong buddy goes to the club a few days before you do and these two criminals get the drop on him after hes had a few. He starts to overpower them during the commission of their crime and one produces a Saturday night special landing a lucky deadly shot. They flee under the same circumstances with exception of using their own legitimate vehicle. That officer only seeing this a traffic stop for minor violations and lets it go. Years go by with no productive leads to the crime. Then one of these upstanding citizens gets caught doing the same years later and is sentenced to life without parole.. with nothing to lose he gives up the details of this crime which otherwise would have not been unsolved.

So, you make the call.. Should officers just not chase? If so, when? What should they do during a chase to protect the public? Im in no way defending to the incident originally posted is this thread.. Im just here to give food for thought.
    Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could. Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm84 View Post
    There are questions about when a speeding violation and subsequent failure to stop for LE warrants a pit maneuver. In most states its based on the level of crime failure to stop for LE is. If FTS is misdemeanor, a PIT will likely not be used (absent any other circumstances). If FTS is felony in that particular state, a PIT may be used. In some instances a PIT may be used to end a pursuit in effort of mitigating any threat to the uninvolved public with the pursuit continuing. You see the longer a pursuit continues the greater the danger to the public, officer and suspect.

So I think we can all agree, everyone around here loves a thief. Ill pose the hypothetical of an officer patrolling in (pick the county of you favorite hunt club) and he passes an suv with no tag light going 10 over the speed limit. He attempts the traffic stop with that vehicle not stopping (in whatever manner you choose). You make the call.. only based on that information. The following weekend you find your aforementioned hunt club burglarized with every item of value (intrinsic and sentimental) gone. To top it off the suv used to get around the hunt club is the vehicle he tried to stop but hadnt been reported stolen yet and fits the description as the one pursued.

So, the same scenario as above with the exception of your lifelong buddy goes to the club a few days before you do and these two criminals get the drop on him after hes had a few. He starts to overpower them during the commission of their crime and one produces a Saturday night special landing a lucky deadly shot. They flee under the same circumstances with exception of using their own legitimate vehicle. That officer only seeing this a traffic stop for minor violations and lets it go. Years go by with no productive leads to the crime. Then one of these upstanding citizens gets caught doing the same years later and is sentenced to life without parole.. with nothing to lose he gives up the details of this crime which otherwise would have not been unsolved.

So, you make the call.. Should officers just not chase? If so, when? What should they do during a chase to protect the public? Im in no way defending to the incident originally posted is this thread.. Im just here to give food for thought.
    They should wait longer than 127 seconds from hitting the blue lights for a vehicle that has reduced speed and has put on its hazards and is obviously looking for somewhere to pull over as per the state drivers handbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    They should wait longer than 127 seconds from hitting the blue lights for a vehicle that has reduced speed and has put on its hazards and is obviously looking for somewhere to pull over as per the state drivers handbook.
    Not defending incident posted by op.. additionally I agree and have stated so.
    Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could. Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

Some examples of Leo's flipping cars for speeding in SC please.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm84 View Post
    There are questions about when a speeding violation and subsequent failure to stop for LE warrants a pit maneuver. In most states it’s based on the level of crime failure to stop for LE is. If FTS is misdemeanor, a PIT will likely not be used (absent any other circumstances). If FTS is felony in that particular state, a PIT may be used. In some instances a PIT may be used to end a pursuit in effort of mitigating any threat to the uninvolved public with the pursuit continuing. You see the longer a pursuit continues the greater the danger to the public, officer and suspect.

So I think we can all agree, everyone around here loves a thief. I’ll pose the hypothetical of an officer patrolling in (pick the county of you favorite hunt club) and he passes an suv with no tag light going 10 over the speed limit. He attempts the traffic stop with that vehicle not stopping (in whatever manner you choose). You make the call.. only based on that information. The following weekend you find your aforementioned hunt club burglarized with every item of value (intrinsic and sentimental) gone. To top it off the suv used to get around the hunt club is the vehicle he tried to stop but hadn’t been reported stolen yet and fits the description as the one pursued.

So, the same scenario as above with the exception of your lifelong buddy goes to the club a few days before you do and these two criminals get the drop on him after he’s had a few. He starts to overpower them during the commission of their crime and one produces a Saturday night special landing a lucky deadly shot. They flee under the same circumstances with exception of using their own legitimate vehicle. That officer only seeing this a traffic stop for minor violations and let’s it go. Years go by with no productive leads to the crime. Then one of these upstanding citizens gets caught doing the same years later and is sentenced to life without parole.. with nothing to lose he gives up the details of this crime which otherwise would have not been unsolved.

So, you make the call.. Should officers just not chase? If so, when? What should they do during a chase to protect the public? I’m in no way defending to the incident originally posted is this thread.. I’m just here to give food for thought.
    Better the guilty go free than harm or imprison the innocent. What if that unknown thief/murderer had his 2 yr old in the car with him, not in a car seat of course because the thief/murderer is also a shit dad? You pit him because he was speeding, the car flips, and the innocent 2 year old dies as a result. You got the bad guy though. Or let’s say that the theft/murder has been reported along with a description and tag of the vehicle. Vehicle going 84 in a 70, throws blue lights, vehicle slows, and puts hazards on, and after 127 seconds cop performs PIT. Cop rushes over to the vehicle and shouts “I got you now, you dirty thief/murderer”. Nope, sorry, it’s some 16 year old neighbor girl the thief/murderer let borrow his car and she was just following the procedure for pulling over for police that she just learned in her driving class a few months ago.
    Last edited by wskinner; 06-10-2021 at 07:09 AM.

I was inches of being t-bone by a patrolmen. The guy he was chasing did slow down some to look, the patrolmen did not look as enter from a side street onto a major highway. My daughter was 4 at the time. Luckily, I had good view and able to slow down in time. The trooper busted his radiator as he jumped the street, a mile later the car ran hot.

But some deal with this type crap often.

https://twitter.com/michaeljknowles/...734423554?s=21