Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legislators kickback time.

i was crying so it was hard to focus on the punctuation, albeit atrocious.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I don't even try anymore. Mainly because I can't tell the difference between a comma and a period anyway I am so damn nearsighted blind...

Kickback as in bringing home the bacon, nobody does it better than Graham and The Rep from Orangeburg at the federal level.

I'm still conflicted and confused.

How could Lowe cite one of the reasons for spending 23 million fucking dollars to save 23 acres in Charleston is to prevent more yankees from moving into the state...

Then sponsor some pork to pull stumps from Lake Marion, which incidentally stumps make great fishing structure and also happens to be a really good yankee boater deterrent which keeps the boat traffic down and property values/taxes in line with actual farm land.

It's almost like he's being duplicitous and pursuing personal ends. During reconstruction I think the term for this was scalawag.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

today we just use "politician"
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Let's get Fitsnews to do some investigative journalism on the matter.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I'm still conflicted and confused.

How could Lowe cite one of the reasons for spending 23 million fucking dollars to save 23 acres in Charleston is to prevent more yankees from moving into the state...

Then sponsor some pork to pull stumps from Lake Marion, which incidentally stumps make great fishing structure and also happens to be a really good yankee boater deterrent which keeps the boat traffic down and property values/taxes in line with actual farm land.

It's almost like he's being duplicitous and pursuing personal ends. During reconstruction I think the term for this was scalawag.
    After every big storm/wind event there are stumps relocated in the travel channels, the blow out, and all along the dam.

The insurance companies as well as myself appreciate their immediate removal. Replacing a lower unit is between $4500 and $6500.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    After every big storm/wind event there are stumps relocated in the travel channels, the blow out, and all along the dam.

The insurance companies as well as myself appreciate their immediate removal. Replacing a lower unit is between $4500 and $6500.
    Then perhaps the insurance companies can fund it, or those with an interest in the removal can have a bake sale so we can see how vested they are in a clean Murray-esque lake.

I run my motor two days a week in the stumpiest and most log filled places in SC and make sure my insurance is paid up. I fight the same water levels and storm events that plague the SC lakes.

I never knew there was a way for the .gov to clean those places up for me...

Sorry Bunn, but it doesnt pass the smell test and everyone always knew that Santee Cooper's interest in keeping Marion and Moultrie veritable mudholes had nothting to do with power generation.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Let's get Fitsnews to do some investigative journalism on the matter.
    Post and Courier is doing a good job.

The Never and Freedom Action Network pickup a few things.

The trouble with this is funding there are no follow up or guidelines to spending.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Then perhaps the insurance companies can fund it, or those with an interest in the removal can have a bake sale so we can see how vested they are in a clean Murray-esque lake.

I run my motor two days a week in the stumpiest and most log filled places in SC and make sure my insurance is paid up. I fight the same water levels and storm events that plague the SC lakes.

I never knew there was a way for the .gov to clean those places up for me...

Sorry Bunn, but it doesnt pass the smell test and everyone always knew that Santee Cooper's interest in keeping Marion and Moultrie veritable mudholes had nothting to do with power generation.
    You’ve been spot on so far.

The bass fisherman's role in Lake Marion becoming the biological nightmare that it is today would make an interesting part of a series and open a lot of eyes across the state...

"A "kickback" is a term used to refer to a misappropriation of funds that enriches a person of power or influence who uses the power or influence to make a different individual, organization, or company richer. Often, kickbacks result from a corrupt bidding scheme. ... Some also consider kickbacks to be a type of bribery."

I believe the term for this spending is pork not kickback. The person requesting the expenditure is listed for all to see. The expenditures for projects will be more closely monitored. When you view the locations it appears they are spread all over the state. At least they are transparent this year. We fought hard for that.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

My pork is:

The 350,000 for stumps is a pilot project to see if it is financially feasible to improve safe navigation on Lake Marion.

The 153,000 provides for bulletproof vests and protective gear for Florence County Sheriff Dept in response to the mass shooting of officers.

The 1,000,000 is for a small percentage of renovation of the Civic Center. It is an investment in tourism.

Please keep up the "progress" on transparency and thank you for your service.
    DILLIGAF

Should not that be a cost for Florence County residents not wage earners across the state?

What about the concept of "general fund" do you not understand?
    DILLIGAF

Default Legislators kickback time.

Of course the GF is for paying for states operation not local counties pet protects. This why counties have sales taxes, can have bonds and property taxes.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 06-10-2021 at 09:03 AM.

This is organized crime at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I must have missed the part where the state made you buy a $80k glitter boat and forces you to go fishing.

Are General fund dollars spent on a state supported university considered pork? A kickback? Bribe?

The budget is full of expenditures that can benefit one region more than others. Should we help local governments from the general fund? There has been a local government fund for 16 years. It is split by population.

Should we completely ignore the poor counties? Towns are dying all around us. Big cities get all the funding and have a huge property tax base. It is the big cities that are turning purple with democrats. The Southern way of life is dying with the small towns.

This pork, no matter how you cut it, is about the only way a small town can do anything for their residents.