Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Legislators kickback time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    He’s a land developer and wants Marion to look like Murray. And he wants to do it with our tax dollars.
    Kind of like how our county government guys get the roads to their homes and businesses fixed right, and those convenient stop lights put up on the intersections to their business while stop signs suffice on busier streets?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

He’s a land developer and wants Marion to look like Murray. And he wants to do it with our tax dollars.
    No, no. He does it for the love of his fellow man and service to his state. And not for measly 10k pay. Now you'll be told to run for office....

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    $250,000 for "Myrtle Beach Safety Barriers". I'd rather spend $250,000 to dig a mote around Myrtle Beach....
    Amen

I-85 interchange justification report is 1 mil? Are they talking about the 85/385 interchange? If so nobody needs to justify that and how the hell does a report saying that traffic is flowing better worth that much

As for the unemployment work training how about they train the workers to answer the phone. We have sat on the phone on hold for over 5 hours trying to get somebody to answer and nobody does. Wouldn't pick up to let me question why a former employee was getting paid more and longer than they worked for me

When did he turn into a land developer?

I thought he was a sports medicine guy. His comments on the other thread about developing the nun's property was his usual poor attempt at humor/deflection to criticism.

Florence county does not border Lake Marion.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    Man it sure is nice to see where our money is being wasted. Yet the road I live on has potholes that SCDOT has to come fix at least 3 times a month versus fixing the issue. When I say potholes, I’m referring to the same damn pothole every time and it is now almost the size of one entire lane!

Attachment 66412
    Attachment 66414
    At least they fix yours. You could drop a vw beetle off in some of the ones on my street and my wifes nails every one of them
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    $350k for an armored vehicle in Lancaster?
    That’s a sweet deal man! Could have been a cool half mill easy.
    Carolina Counsel

Must not have gotten the chromed out wheel package...

How dare you question his majesty the government and his budget.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Florence county does not border Lake Marion.
    Doesn’t border Charleston harbor either but they want to spend a million dollars an acre over there. And if anyone thinks he gives a shit about the foot on your outboard think again. He’d develop every last acre of lake front property then over pay for 23 acres for a park after it was all ruined by progress and make us foot the fucking bill.

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    Where can I find out more about the Lake Marion stump removal project?
    It's ongoing. There's a team of folks working off a barge with a trackhoe along with another dive team boat.

They are improving the travel around the lake.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 06-09-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

That is one way to describe it...

Not the correct way, but a way nonetheless......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    How humanitarian. Makes you wonder about all those extra herbicide applications and carp...

But he wants to save Charleston from Yankees, which is already overrun by Yankees, with our tax dollars.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

It is a hell of an interesting story that may never be told, certainly never really understood. The poor migratory big duck's plight in all of this. He was run out of his historic ground on the coast by changes in farming practices and development. He found refuge in the midlands for decades thanks to the many duck baiters. He was starved out by Federal law enforcement and found new refuge on private and state ground via a new form of farming practice. That new form spread north and he quit coming because he didn't have to, and the remainder that did was squandered by shortsighted private and incompetent public. The lowliest of his little cousins, resisted change, though, and continued to dive bomb what habitat there was. Soon, enterprising farmers around the dead federal refuge began to attempt to focus on the wayward oft maligned cousins. Miles of habitat was created for him along the eastern shore of Lake Marion, with law enforcement looking the other way this time. Eventually, the remnant population of big ducks took notice and began to come around to see what all the commotion was down in the old wintering grounds. Some hope appeared that, maybe, just maybe, we hadn't seen the end for good. Then rumblings were heard around the tables at the diner in Summerton. Maps were shared. Development plans for subdivisions and marinas were copied and posted online. The writing was on the wall, so to speak. Then the real estate bubble burst. Everyone forgot. A decade later we started hearing about the stump removal. Now we are seeing the actual money being spent. Our money. The old migratory big duck? Twas a privilege getting to know you, and we will remember you fondly as we cruise down Mallard Drive and attend parties out on Pintail Point with our newest migratory neighbors to the area, the common yankee...

Migratory would mean they go back. I prefer invasive.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It is a hell of an interesting story that may never be told, certainly never really understood. The poor migratory big duck's plight in all of this. He was run out of his historic ground on the coast by changes in farming practices and development. He found refuge in the midlands for decades thanks to the many duck baiters. He was starved out by Federal law enforcement and found new refuge on private and state ground via a new form of farming practice. That new form spread north and he quit coming because he didn't have to, and the remainder that did was squandered by shortsighted private and incompetent public. The lowliest of his little cousins, resisted change, though, and continued to dive bomb what habitat there was. Soon, enterprising farmers around the dead federal refuge began to attempt to focus on the wayward oft maligned cousins. Miles of habitat was created for him along the eastern shore of Lake Marion, with law enforcement looking the other way this time. Eventually, the remnant population of big ducks took notice and began to come around to see what all the commotion was down in the old wintering grounds. Some hope appeared that, maybe, just maybe, we hadn't seen the end for good. Then rumblings were heard around the tables at the diner in Summerton. Maps were shared. Development plans for subdivisions and marinas were copied and posted online. The writing was on the wall, so to speak. Then the real estate bubble burst. Everyone forgot. A decade later we started hearing about the stump removal. Now we are seeing the actual money being spent. Our money. The old migratory big duck? Twas a privilege getting to know you, and we will remember you fondly as we cruise down Mallard Drive and attend parties out on Pintail Point with our newest migratory neighbors to the area, the common yankee...
    Pulitzer worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Pulitzer worthy.
    They are sticklers for proper comma usage and such, so I will have to settle for hoping even one person that matters is paying attention...

None here