Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Legislators kickback time.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    How familiar are you with Lake Marion?
    Not at all, but the more open water will just allow more idiots in boats they just bought and have no clue how to operate.

Who knows.

Won’t be tax dollars.

It’ll be private contractors, bidding to do the work.
    Well that is no concern of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Con
    Legislators continue turning the great state of South Carolina into a yankee playground.
    ^ yep.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Recreational water means more carp.

Recreational water means I can get to those schooling rockfish 300yds away in time before they go down or move, without running my boat through stumps spread 4ft apart for 2 miles.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Recreational water means I can get to those schooling rockfish 300yds away in time before they go down or move, without running my boat through stumps spread 4ft apart for 2 miles.
    Your inability to navigate the lake and catch rockfish isn’t my or anyone else’s issue, period.

And have 10 other guys right there with you pushing them down

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Your inability to navigate the lake and catch rockfish isn’t my or anyone else’s issue, period.
    Aren’t you just a little ray of sunshine.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Genuinely curious, could you expound on that, please?
    I was raised to put as much value on peace, quiet, and open lands as I do on future revenue. If taking advantage of market forces can allow me more of the former, it is a no brainer. If 60 lots can become 10? Again, no brainer. Most developers immediately see the opportunity for doing both because leaving future money on the table is inherently stupid. Well, they may be right, but I am not most people and I learned from the best...

Aye. I can appreciate that after watching the farm I grew up on getting covered up with supermarkets, a hotel, townhouses and mcmansions. 10 years I've driven past and watched it expand to where it's almost reached the old rock farmhouse. They said they would save it and turn it into a community center or something. I dont believe them. I dont drive past there any more.

Blogs and Newspaper are picking up on this now. No mention of stumps but the lot in Charleston is get much attention. Maybe McMasters will ask them axe that one.

https://thenerve.org/house-poised-to...pork-projects/

Sickening to read it again….

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I was raised to put as much value on peace, quiet, and open lands as I do on future revenue. If taking advantage of market forces can allow me more of the former, it is a no brainer. If 60 lots can become 10? Again, no brainer. Most developers immediately see the opportunity for doing both because leaving future money on the table is inherently stupid. Well, they may be right, but I am not most people and I learned from the best...
    Why we stay in the HOLE
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by welltaut View Post
    Sickening to read it again….
    It Is!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"