Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: More tragedy in Hampton

There's so much tragedy wrapped up in all this that it's overwhelming.

Praying for all involved.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." - Mama
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

sounds like someone went to work

I believe in justice, but this isn’t it. Prayers up for all involved.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

prayers for all families involved.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Paul Murdaugh, a Hampton man who was charged in the 2019 boat crash that killed a young woman, and his mother were found dead of gunshot wounds Monday night outside their family’s home in Colleton County, numerous legal sources connected to the family and the investigation confirmed Tuesday.

The sources, who did not want to be identified because they are not authorized to disclose the information, said the bodies were found by Alex Murdaugh, husband of Maggie Murdaugh and father of Paul. He told authorities he had been out at the time of shooting and found them when he arrived at home.

One victim apparently had been shot with a shotgun; the other was killed with what appears to have been an assault rifle, the sources said.

State police are investigating the double homicide. The Murdaugh family, a prominent, well connected South Carolina family, are members of a storied law firm based in Hampton.

SLED agents responded to the scene after 10 p.m. Monday, and two victims were found shot, S.C. Law Enforcement Division spokesperson Tommy Crosby said Tuesday.

Crosby said he was not aware of anyone arrested or detained related to the crime but, based on the evidence, SLED does not believe there is a danger to the public.

A Murdaugh relative on the porch of a home near the crime scene, between Islandton and Moselle, said his family had recently received the news. “Now’s not a good time, as you can imagine,” he said.

Paul Murdaugh, 21, of Hampton, was facing three felony counts of boating under the influence. The charges are tied to a boat crash near Parris Island in February 2019 that killed 19-year-old Mallory Beach, also of Hampton, and injured others on board.

He pleaded not guilty to the charges in May 2019 and has not spent time in jail. There hadn’t been any movement on the criminal case since July 2019, when his bond was modified to allow him to travel.

The Murdaugh family is well known in South Carolina because several members held the elected position of solicitor for the 14th Judicial Circuit, which serves Beaufort, Hampton, Jasper, Allendale and Colleton counties, from 1920 until 2006. Two of the Murdaughs still work at the Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth & Detrick law firm in Hampton.

The Murdaugh residence, known to locals as Moselle, is a hunting lodge on Moselle Road in Islandton. The address is on the border of Colleton and Hampton counties along the Salkehatchie River.

More than 1,770 acres of property are under Margaret B. Murdaugh’s name, according to Colleton County property records. The land spans both counties, with about 870 acres in Hampton and just less than 900 acres in Colleton. A 174-acre parcel on the Colleton side has two buildings, one one-story single family home and one two-story single family home.

Neither the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office nor the Colleton County coroner was able to provide additional details about the deaths or investigation Tuesday morning.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/lo...cEDIAa6Kd5W2Ww

Terribly sad anyway you look at it. But damn I don’t think even Hollywood good dream up this type of plot. I’m guessing it was somebody probably with ties to Mallory??
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Two shooters??

“One victim apparently had been shot with a shotgun; the other was killed with what appears to have been an assault rifle”
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

I'll bite my tongue and keep reading

That thought ran through my head as well.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    This gonna be on Netflix before it’s all said and done.
    Agreed

Son kills mom, dad catches son, dad kills son. That’s my theory. But I’ve been told that the son did not kill the mom by a very credible source so I maybe very wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I think they were there for the son and his mom was just collateral.but its a shitty situation on both ends thats going to ruin even more lives.

One would think a family with their resources would have cameras and other security measures at a residence in such a rural area, especially considering the circumstances of the last couple of years. Hopefully that's the case and investigators will be able to end much of the speculation very soon.

Could have been a Beach family member, or a family member of the gay kid he supposedly killed, or a family member of the nanny he supposedly killed. Death and destruction seemed to follow that kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Could have been a Beach family member, or a family member of the gay kid he supposedly killed, or a family member of the nanny he supposedly killed. Death and destruction seemed to follow that kid.
    I knew he had been implicated in at least one more death, but didn't know details or that there were multiple. You have any links for details? Either way, sounds like he had it coming many times over. Nice to see some justice in a world where the rich and powerful are generally above the law.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I admittedly am not familiar with this family other than following the boating accident. Kid was young to be involved in so many deaths. What's the news on the gay kid & nanny?

Back home in Brevard they call this a reckoning.

The links were on the other thread, before that I had never even heard of this family. But from all the shit that seemed to be around this kid we are all better off with him gone.