Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: More tragedy in Hampton

I would have to imagine the investigation on the Stephen Smith case will focus on the people involved "investigating" the original case just as much as the death of Stephen Smith.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    yes, and so does Sons of Anarchy and other such Man Drama shows.
    This comment is not Justified.

I see what you did there.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

yes, and so does Sons of Anarchy and other such Man Drama shows.
    Easy man..

Quote Originally Posted by LIGMA View Post
    Speaking of Yellowstone whoever made the fake date for the new season needs to be kicked in the nuts
    100%

Hey Alex. I hope all is well.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    Hey Alex. I hope all is well.
    Hey brother, all is very busy but good. Hope things are good down there!

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    I watch horror movies. Smith’s murder and the cover up is stranger than fiction. According to Ms. Matney, key forensic evidence disappeared, including a rape kit.

Maybe Robin Roberts will interview the grieving mother. *chortle*

The official theory of his death is ludicrous, a bad joke, and so is the legal system there.

Have to agree, lot of questionable calls made in that young mans death (smith) and seems very sloppy from what I have read

SC Murdaugh mystery: Wife's cellphone found along Colleton County road after murders

Jun. 23—A cell phone belonging to Maggie Murdaugh was found on the road outside the 1,700-acre Colleton County estate the day after she and her son Paul were slain, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

Although Paul Murdaugh's cell phone was found near his body on the night of the killings June 7, investigators were unable to locate Maggie Murdaugh's cell phone that night, the sources said.

It wasn't until the next day, Tuesday, June 8, that a family member using his cell phone's ability to "ping" Maggie Murdaugh's cell phone found the phone on his digital cell phone map, sources said.

At that point, Maggie Murdaugh's cell phone was retrieved and was given to the State Law Enforcement Division, the sources said.

The sources did not know whether SLED was able to find any touch DNA or fingerprints from the cell phone. Touch DNA, a modern scientific crime analysis technique, can be left on an object's surface by someone's mere "touch" and consists of skin cells containing DNA that can then be linked to a specific person.

Moreover, it had rained the night of June 7 for some time after the killings and the rain may have washed away any evidence on the cell phone, the sources said.

A police report supports the sources' account of rain. On the night of the murders, around 10:30 p.m., an investigator with the Colleton County Sheriff's Office used a large tent to cover evidence that was "exposed to the elements," according to a redacted police report released by SLED earlier this week.

Asked about Maggie's cellphone on Wednesday, SLED spokesperson Tommy Crosby said he could not confirm "anything at this point. ... I will have to refer back to our original statement that it is inappropriate to comment on the specifics of the case while we have an active investigation," he said.

The sources did not want to be identified because they are not officially authorized to release information about the case.

The disappearance and next day's recovery of Maggie Murdaugh's cell phone adds yet another layer of mystery to an already mysterious case.

More than two weeks have passed since the night Paul and Maggie Murdaugh were fatally shot on their family's estate.

SLED has announced nothing about any suspects and only scant details surrounding the murders.

One of the few certain things about the case is that there is a killer — or killers — on the loose.

On the night of June 7, when Alex Murdaugh returned to the family's 1,700-acre estate in rural Colleton County, he told police he found Paul's body lying on the ground more than 100 yards from the main house. It was severely disfigured from shotgun blasts. Some distance away, shot numerous times with an assault rifle, was Maggie's body. Shell casings were found near the bodies.

In 2019, Paul had been charged with boating under the influence in a nighttime crash in a waterway near Beaufort. A young woman, Mallory Beach, was thrown from the boat and drowned. One theory aired on social media posts was that Paul's killing was some sort of retribution linked to the boat crash. Law enforcement officers have declined comment about possible suspects and motives. Adding to the mystery, officials said initially there was no danger to the public.

The Murdaugh family is legendary in a five-county Lowcountry region. For more than 85 years, generations of Murdaughs were the elected solicitors, in charge of prosecuting all serious crimes in Beaufort, Hampton, Colleton, Allendale and Jasper counties. On the civil side of the law, their law firm for years has sued big corporations, especially railroads, winning tens of millions of dollars for plaintiffs and the lawyers.

In recent days, the Murdaugh tragedy has made national news, being aired on ABC and NBC news programs and in stories in The Washington Post and the New York Post.

Reading between the lines but kind of odd for a family member to find the phone and then give it to LEO’s , would this not be considered tampering with evidence ??? My guess is no finger prints on the phone

I hope I am interpreting this wrong but seems like in every investigation this family has some odd twists and ties that would never happen in a normal case
    Last edited by tprice; 06-24-2021 at 05:40 AM.

Yeah, why wouldn't the family member inform the police they may have a lead on the phone location instead of retrieving it then giving it to police? I also wonder about a report earlier that all the people that were on the boat when the Mallory accident occurred and the family have given DNA samples to SLED. Does SLED have something to compare it to? Did they find some kind of DNA on the site? Lots of things dont make sense

Wow.

Think for a minute.

investigator: "we cant find her phone. Does anyone have a locate your iphone thingy to help us find it?"

family member: "yes, I do. It's showing on the side of the road outside the driveway".

Investigator: "ok, cool. Thanks bro."

Family member: "you're welcome".

I repeat what I said above. I pray if I ever die under suspicious circumstances that all the Lester Holts up in here arent the ones bringing my killer(s) to justice.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

And people wonder how things like the Lizard Man, Sasquatch, and wearing masks to prevent a virus that escaped Level IV biocontainment get hold...

I’m surprised, but not surprised by a lot of things in this case. It must not have rained very hard for her phone to still be detectable. If thrown on the ground and rained on, my phone would be fried, Otter Box and all. Same as said above why did a family member go find the phone a day later. I could speculate further, but will refrain on that. Makes no sense either as to why there is no reward money for information leading to the arrest(s) of who did it. If my family was murdered, and I was as financially well off as they are, I’d be putting up some serious reward money to find out.
    Last edited by BEAR; 06-24-2021 at 07:46 AM.

why the hell you people "speculate" in the oddest ways will never cease to amaze me when there certainly could be "speculation" that is a lot less sordid.

I guess this is just the society we live in. The same one you hypocrites denounce....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    why the hell you people "speculate" in the oddest ways will never cease to amaze me when there certainly could be "speculation" that is a lot less sordid.

I guess this is just the society we live in. The same one you hypocrites denounce....
    Crickets
    Last edited by jcoker; 06-24-2021 at 09:05 AM.

Who is speculating? This seems like normal curiosity, no one is making up anything, just questioning this procedure.

Just an fyi, there's other threads here, no one has to click on this one if they don't want to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

When the powers that be only give us peasants crums, we are left to make our own bread...

More speculation- The phone was wiped and discarded because it possibly contained incriminating evidence of the events.

Meanwhile, back at band camp, the colored girls say

"Doo do doo do doo do do doo..."
    Double Secret Probation Officer

Wow.

Think for a minute.

investigator: "we cant find her phone. Does anyone have a locate your iphone thingy to help us find it?"

family member: "yes, I do. It's showing on the side of the road outside the driveway".

Investigator: "ok, cool. Thanks bro."

Family member: "you're welcome".

I repeat what I said above. I pray if I ever die under suspicious circumstances that all the Lester Holts up in here arent the ones bringing my killer(s) to justice.
    Something happens to you, I'm going to go squat at the Fort....

where does it say anything about the phone being wiped? you people just run with whatever seems the most inflammatory.

its more than idle curiosity. its weird. its not just yall. its our world today. its tiktok, youtube, every doorbell camera. the rock hill video JAB posted. a bunch of people tripping over each other because they are looking at their cell phone camera filming what is in front of them. i'll say it again--its weird.

and its just not my thing.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.