Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: More tragedy in Hampton

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    What is intriguing to me is the weapons of choice. Most people would use a pistol. That was not the case here. I think a criminal profiler will have a good time with this one. It may provide some clues as to who done it.
    shotgun is up close and personal and high degree of certain death
    lack of ballistic evidence if shells are picked up (cant match the pellets to the gun as you can a bullet to a pistol's barrel)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    From post #409, wish the story could get reported accurately

"Although Paul Murdaugh's cell phone was found near his body on the night of the killings June 7, investigators were unable to locate Maggie Murdaugh's cell phone that night, the sources said.

It wasn't until the next day, Tuesday, June 8, that a family member using his cell phone's ability to "ping" Maggie Murdaugh's cell phone found the phone on his digital cell phone map, sources said.

At that point, Maggie Murdaugh's cell phone was retrieved and was given to the State Law Enforcement Division, the sources said."
    I think the issue is you assumed a family member retrieved it. Maybe that is a fair assumption, but it's not a given based on how it was worded. It could have been retrieved by a non-SLED official involved in the investigation who then turned it over to SLED.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    where does it say anything about the phone being wiped? you people just run with whatever seems the most inflammatory.

its more than idle curiosity. its weird. its not just yall. its our world today. its tiktok, youtube, every doorbell camera. the rock hill video JAB posted. a bunch of people tripping over each other because they are looking at their cell phone camera filming what is in front of them. i'll say it again--its weird.

and its just not my thing.

I understand your comment BUT just look back at the history of this family and anytime there is any suspicious activity it seems the investigation leaves a lot to be desired.

I honestly hope to goodness they are vindicated but at this point it just looks fishy to me but you are considered innocent until proven guilty , however as friend of mine says “he who has the best attorneys WINS “

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    where does it say anything about the phone being wiped? you people just run with whatever seems the most inflammatory.

its not just yall. its our world today. its tiktok, youtube, every doorbell camera. the rock hill video JAB posted. a bunch of people tripping over each other because they are looking at their cell phone camera filming what is in front of them. i'll say it again--its weird.

and its just not my thing.

Different strokes, some would think it's weird for a dentist to frequent a duck hunting forum and comment on a murder investigation. Just saying..

He will be Clinton’d before long.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I’ve been following all this since the boat crash.

The timing of the reopening of the 2015 hit and run investigation sure seems odd
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

"Earlier this week, police reopened an investigation into the 2015 death of 19-year-old Stephen Smith, which had been ruled a hit-and-run despite little evidence. The status change was “based on information” gathered during the Murdaugh investigation, police said without providing any details.
    At the time of Smith’s death, Paul and his brother Buster were both interviewed as persons of interest, but the investigation never went further than that. No arrests were ever made"

Interesting line above......... "based on information gathered during the Murdaugh investigation"
    Last edited by ecu1984; 06-24-2021 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "Earlier this week, police reopened an investigation into the 2015 death of 19-year-old Stephen Smith, which had been ruled a hit-and-run despite little evidence. The status change was “based on information” gathered during the Murdaugh investigation, police said without providing any details.
    At the time of Smith’s death, Paul and his brother Buster were both interviewed as persons of interest, but the investigation never went further than that. No arrests were ever made"

Interesting line above......... "based on information gathered during the Murdaugh investigation"
    Exactly. They had to get something that ties back to 2015
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Damn, they must be duckers with all their weird speculating and such.

SLED stated they did not reopen that debacle by Hampton Police but opened their own independent investigation. Well they didn't call it a debacle per se.

Hopefully the Smith family with find some closure soon.

The Murdaugh family is offering a $100,000 reward but with a September 2021 deadline per the public relations firm they have hired.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    September 2021 deadline per the public relations firm they have hired.
    Da hell? Case gets weirder by the day.

SLED stated they did not reopen that debacle by Hampton Police but opened their own independent investigation. Well they didn't call it a debacle per se.

Hopefully the Smith family with find some closure soon.

The Murdaugh family is offering a $100,000 reward but with a September 2021 deadline per the public relations firm they have hired.

Uhhhh what? I haven't commented on anything about this whole case including the other thread but this is a weird statement. I didnt know rewards had a set deadline involving crimes
    Last edited by ReelHard; 06-25-2021 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReelHard View Post

Uhhhh what? I haven't commented on anything about this whole case including the other thread but this is a weird statement. I didnt know rewards had a set deadline involving crimes
    Everything about this sordid affair is weird.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Just so I am not "speculating" this is a link.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/06/25/...100000-reward/

FYI Dick H is a long term democrat legislator leading his party for many years and Jim works nationwide but is based in Forest Acres of Columbia. Not that any of that matters just public info.

Hopefully the cash reward will help lead to the person responsible before the deadline.

Post article. Link requires subscription

Hopefully the cash reward will help lead to the person responsible before the deadline.
    I could be wrong, but I have a feeling the persons that did this are family (meaning the killers are related to each other) and didn't and aren't
    ever speaking about it to anyone. I think this was planned for a long time and thought out. Just speculation of course
    Last edited by ecu1984; 06-25-2021 at 09:36 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    \"Saved by the Grace of God\"

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Post article. Link requires subscription

Published 10 hours ago on June 25, 2021 By Mandy Matney
    Eighteen days after Paul Murdaugh and Maggie Murdaugh were murdered in Colleton County, South Carolina, a publicist for the powerful Murdaugh family released a statement that said they are offering a reward in the high-profile investigation.

The State Newspaper first reported that Amanda Loveday, publicist at NP Strategy, was working with the Murdaugh family and released a statement announcing the $100,000 reward on their behalf. The statement said that Alex and his son Buster Murdaugh offered the reward.

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) confirmed with FITSNews that SLED authorized attorneys Jim Griffin and Dick Harpootlian — who previously represented Paul Murdaugh in criminal court — to include SLED’s tip line number in their news release offering the reward.

“SLED has committed to them that if we receive a tip on the dedicated tip line that leads to the arrest and conviction of anyone responsible for the murders, that we will provide them with the information to evaluate the potential payment of the reward,” SLED spokesperson Tommy Crosby told FITSNews. “In order for SLED to maintain our independence we cannot be involved with facilitating or adjudicating any potential reward claims.”

(SPONSORED CONTENT - STORY CONTINUES BELOW)

Bamberg Legal, LLC

In the statement, Alex Murdaugh spoke to the public for the first time since the double homicide on June 7.

“I want to thank everyone for the incredible love and support that we have received over the last few weeks. Now is the time to bring justice for Maggie and Paul,” Alex Murdaugh said in the statement issued by the publicist. “Buster and I, along with Maggie’s mother, father and our entire family, ask that anyone with helpful information immediately call the SLED tip line or Crime Stoppers.”

For a person to get the reward, they must provide information that leads to an arrest. The tips must be submitted before Sept. 30, 2021.

Alex Murdaugh called 911 around 10:07 p.m. on June 7 after he allegedly found Maggie Murdaugh, 52, and her son Paul Murdaugh, 22, murdered at the hunting property, located at 4147 Moselle Road near Islandton, S.C.

While no suspects have been named in the double homicide case, Alex Murdaugh — Paul’s father and Maggie’s husband — was initially named a “person of interest” in connection with the Moselle shootings, according to a sources close to the investigation.

Good Morning America reported that Alex was taking his father Randolph Murdaugh III — who died of cancer days after the murders — to the hospital on the day of the killings. After that, he reportedly checked in on his mother before returning to the hunting property, known locally as Moselle. This could be the “ironclad” alibi Alex Murdaugh is said to have provided police.

Attorneys close to the powerful Murdaugh family have told FITSNews that Alex is not a suspect in the case and is “cooperating fully” with SLED. These sources further claim that Murdaugh’s interview with SLED investigators last week was all about “closing the book on him as any sort of suspect” in the case.

However, FITSNews’ sources have challenged those assumptions.

State investigators are actively probing obstruction of justice allegations in the aftermath of the 2019 Beaufort County boat crash that killed Mallory Beach. — including allegations that could involve Alex Murdaugh and possibly other members of his powerful family.

Two attorneys representing boat crash victims confirmed the obstruction of justice investigation. One of those attorneys said there is missing evidence in the boat crash investigation.

At the time of his death, Paul Murdaugh was out on bond for his three felony BUIs in the fatal boat crash.

Jim Griffin and Dick Harpootlian represented Paul Murdaugh in that case that never went to trial.

Paul Murdaugh Mallory Beach
    RELATED | Murdaugh Murders: The Latest On The Boat Crash Lawsuit And Obstruction Of Justice Investigation

The Murdaugh family didn’t speak publicly about the murders until 10 days after the murders when they spoke to Good Morning America.

During the GMA interview, John Marvin Murdaugh said that his nephew Paul had been receiving threats from strangers since the fatal boat crash.

However, John Marvin Murdaugh told reporters he didn’t think the threats were credible and said the family didn’t try to identify the people behind them.

During the interview, John Marvin and Randy Murdaugh said their family is misunderstood by the public.

“You see words like ‘dynasty’ used and ‘power’ and I don’t know exactly how people use those words,” Randy Murdaugh said. “But we’re just regular people.. and we’re hurting just like they would be hurting.”

The Murdaugh family has loomed large in Lowcountry law for nearly a century — with three generations of its members serving as solicitor (South Carolina’s version of a district attorney) over a five-county region between 1920 and 2007. Two Murdaughs also work for the prominent Hampton, S.C. law firm of Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED).

Sources have told FITSNews that Paul Murdaugh was killed by two shotgun blasts – one to the chest and another through the arm and head. Maggie Murdaugh died of multiple gun shot wounds by a semi-automatic rifle, according to our sources.

Here are a few of the latest developments in the investigation:

SLED opened an investigation into the death of Stephen Smith, agency spokesperson Tommy Crosby first told FITSNews Tuesday. Smith was killed in 2015 in what was originally (and controversially) ruled a hit-and-run accident in Hampton county – one of several suspicious deaths with a reported connection to the Murdaugh family.
    Maggie Murdaugh‘s cell phone was found along a rural South Carolina road just outside of the family’s 1,7,00-acre hunting lodge the day after the murder, according to sources close to the investigation.
    SLED released several pages of redacted reports on Monday. It appears that officials impounded one vehicle that was at the crime scene.
    In a news release on Monday, SLED chief Mark Keel asked for the public’s patience – urging them to “let the investigation take its course.”

SLED officials said they understood the case has drawn a lot of attention, but asked the public to “withhold judgment” until the investigation is complete.

“This case is complex, and we will not rush this or any investigation,” Keel said. “Investigative decisions we make throughout this case must withstand the scrutiny of the criminal justice process.”

Those wishing to give law enforcement information on the case should contact (803) 896-2605.