Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: More tragedy in Hampton

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    What happened to the core foundation of innocent until proven guilty? So because he is guilty in the court of public opinion, justice has been served because he was murdered.

Seriously???

Sure he seems like a terrible person, and appears guilty but one of core principles of our freedoms is the right to due process.

Disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Unfortunately due process went out the window when the initial investigation completely dropped the ball due to the suspects last name.
    This is the way myself and most others perceived it and I am sure a lot of truth in this thought as well

First to admit 2 wrongs do not make a right by any means but I think this thought is on lot of folks minds

Actually have a clients tax information on my desk that spent time behind bars for a wreck where a lady died. From what I recall both were considered at fault(both driving left of center on a rural road ) I vividly remember the deceased lady's husband sitting in court and telling them this man did not deserve to go to jail (white collar type of job and very well educated ) He still got 10 yrs (this has been 25+ yrs ago ) . Been out for many years and leads a very productive life but tells me every year to stress to our teen drivers the consequences of what he did (which we do )
    Last edited by tprice; 06-17-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Ghost View Post
    Actually nationwide the clearance rate is 61% solved. But most states have a clearance rate between 70-80% solved.
    Good info. I had no idea it was that high...

The more I read this thread and the comments on it, the more I want to find an ignore button for it.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    The more I read this thread and the comments on it, the more I want to find an ignore button for it.
    Self control is all you need- no button required

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Murdaugh's were receiving death threats. Yup, the bull shit is rolling now...
    I would bet that's not an exaggeration. I read comments on another message board to that effect. If you share the last name of someone in the news, whether related or not, you're going to experience backlash.

A relative who was a prosecutor and then judge had his cabin burned down in the early '80's. He's 83 now and can't eat at certain restaurants because of harassment. A good friend of mine's father lost his business because a cousin was arrested for counterfeiting; it put a black mark against everyone in that family.

Any of you youngsters thinking of ever doing something drastic in a moment of desperation or need, please think again. Your family and friends will suffer for it. It's not right but it's how people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Another thing about this. If my wife & one of my children were murdered, my FIRST call would be to my other children, terrified that they may have been killed also. So he calls the brothers & they come and hang out then they call his other child afterwards?
    Unless I missed something in the link or interview, I didn’t see a reference to him calling his brothers first.

If I’m correct, I think posts like this are part of the problem in relation to people making assumptions. If I missed the reference, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    Unless I missed something in the link or interview, I didn’t see a reference to him calling his brothers first.

If I’m correct, I think posts like this are part of the problem in relation to people making assumptions. If I missed the reference, I apologize.
    I took that brothers were called & made it there all before other son was notified based on this interview.

Alex tried to to call his other son, Buster, who lives a couple hours away in the city of Rock Hill, to tell him the news but "broke down and couldn't," according to Randy.

"So I got on the phone with him," Randy said. "I know he's struggling with it, and I just can't imagine what's going through his mind. His mom and his brother were just killed."

Thanks for pointing it out. I missed it.

I swear, a man finds his murdered wife and son yet some of you find a way to judge him based on who he called first. Nevermind that his inability to tell his living son the rest of the family was just violently murdered may have something to do with what just transpired.
    Some of you are mentally warped....
    Last edited by Calibogue; 06-17-2021 at 01:41 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

"If you believed everything you read on the internet, you would actually think I'm an asshole."

Aren't you?
    Bluetick

Quote Originally Posted by bluetick1955 View Post
    "If you believed everything you read on the internet, you would actually think I'm an asshole."

Aren't you?
    2th is actually a cool dude, when he's not being an asshole
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    2th is actually a cool dude, when he's not being an asshole
    I remember that 1 time but it was years ago
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Some of y’all are wearing this thing out Double Time, here and over at the Hull Truth. Get a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

So how we go from "no danger to the public", to asking for the public's help on the case? Intentional or incompetent? Its one or the other.

Default More tragedy in Hampton

Last edited by Bigtimber2; 06-17-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Gotta stay relevant somehow when your $200 million dollar newspaper empire is getting the absolute shit kicked out of it by the Church's Fried Chicken of media outlets... #Fitsistheman

If I was SLED and a news organization asked me to release records on an ongoing investigation, I'd tell them to pack sand.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

So many questions…..
    My only thought is if I was a multi millionaire and had unlimited funds, I would have a HUGE monetary reward for any tips that lead to an arrest.
    Why no reward if a tip lines been set up?

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTrooper View Post
    So many questions…..
    My only thought is if I was a multi millionaire and had unlimited funds, I would have a HUGE monetary reward for any tips that lead to an arrest.
    Why no reward if a tip lines been set up?
    I think you will find out why before much longer..........

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Gotta stay relevant somehow when your $200 million dollar newspaper empire is getting the absolute shit kicked out of it by the Church's Fried Chicken of media outlets... #Fitsistheman
    This is true. Flatbill and all, maybe over reporting but I cannot imagine the new subscribers he has gained while most newspaper are running sales.

Sleds Chief Keel can pound sand for speaking against Constitutional Carry but that is a different story. But not allowing a report in a state building is 3rd world stuff.