Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC Mahi Series

Default SC Mahi Series

Never done many offshore tournaments. Fished a few but with getting a new boat and the ol lady and some buddies wanting to fish this thing, we entered. Probably was for the best because the weather this year has sucked and we probably wouldn't have pushed ourselves to fish if it wasn't for entering this thing. Got beat up a couple days but managed to pull off second place overall, second place high roller and first place lady angler. Weighed in a 48.5 and a 24.7 lber. Sure wished we would have entered the big fish calcutta because that was a $24k dollar fish and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place boats didn't enter it. 7th place team ended up with that calcutta and he didn't even have to take a lie detector haha! Proud of the crew and managed to make some beer money in the process so a win win overall

mahi 1.jpg

mahi 2.jpg

mahi 3.jpg

group.jpg
    Last edited by jws; 06-08-2021 at 06:41 AM.

Pretty dolphin. Congrats to the crew...

Nice...how was the fishing overall?

Heck yeah!

You'll enter that Calcutta from here on out, and you'll never come close again at least that's what happened to me.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Heck yeah!

You'll enter that Calcutta from here on out, and you'll never come close again at least that's what happened to me.
    I said the same thing. Ain't no way it'll ever happen again haha

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    Nice...how was the fishing overall?
    Pretty disappointing this year except there was a lot of big fish around. The weather really put a damper on the season. I think I only fished like 4 days this year.

that's good stuff...and damn pretty fish. its amazing they taste so good....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Heck yeah!

You can't win it unless you're in it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Get em Bush Hook!
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Pretty disappointing this year except there was a lot of big fish around. The weather really put a damper on the season. I think I only fished like 4 days this year.
    No doubt, when I get a chance to go it’s blowing 20 out of the N or NE. Was looking at Wednesday but that’s probably out now.

Congrats on the dolphin.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 06-07-2021 at 05:17 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Heck yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    I said the same thing. Ain't no way it'll ever happen again haha
    Good fishing! Always nice when you get paid to fish....congrats to you and the crew

To Big Brother's and your point, we decided not to enter the Mahi series this year after fishing it or the Dolphin slam every year. All of us are wide open at our respective businesses and didn't want to commit the time and expense after struggling to get all our days in for the Wahoo series this spring. So of course, we had a couple days to fun fish...caught a 54# fish. We even said on ride out "Watch us catch a money fish today" If we had been in the tournament, with our luck we would have never seen that fish.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 06-07-2021 at 05:34 PM.

Excellent!

Very nice fish.

I’ve always loved when they come in blue.

It really is crazy how many big fish were caught in 150-250 as early as they were.

Maybe the longliners all had the rona in April.

Pinky got heavily offended when I ribbed him about the “mahi series.”

Apparently asking if him if the wahoo series is gonna be the “Ono series” next year was below the belt.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I guess enough people have moved down from Ohio to think people would be out there trying to catch bottlenoese dolphins if they called it that

That would be an epic fight, you have to admit...

Never in my life would I have ever thought a sea mammal would actually take a bait of any kind.

Always considered them too intelligent.

Daymaker had one spool a 50 last weekend.
    Buddy said the thing never stopped running, and dumped it to the knot in the blink of an eye.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Me either. My longliner buddy says they never caught one or heard of one being caught. They would eat all the bait around the hooks and go about their business of hording all the sunken treasure for themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Never in my life would I have ever thought a sea mammal would actually take a bait of any kind.

Always considered them too intelligent.

Daymaker had one spool a 50 last weekend.
    Buddy said the thing never stopped running, and dumped it to the knot in the blink of an eye.
    The guy i fished in CR with caught a killer whale 2 years ago. It resisted for a second, then swam right to the boat and let them safely cut the leader short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    The guy i fished in CR with caught a killer whale 2 years ago. It resisted for a second, then swam right to the boat and let them safely cut the leader short.
    Smarter than >51% of Americans...

That’s crazy Ty.

We’ve all had dolphins swim around the boat, follow the teasers, even play with em.

But for one to eat a bait is downright strange.

Talk about a lifetime experience to have with an Orca!