Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trolling Motors - school me

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Good info and thanks
    Seems I am going to have to step up after reading your comments
    Is this it? says it has "spot lock" and remote and Terrova thingamajiggy

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/minn...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    For what it's worth, I called the local repair guy for the minn kotas and he said that if I wanted my TM to stay in the shop all the time, get the one with the self deploy option. If I wanted to actually fish with one, get the manual release.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    For what it's worth, I called the local repair guy for the minn kotas and he said that if I wanted my TM to stay in the shop all the time, get the one with the self deploy option. If I wanted to actually fish with one, get the manual release.
    I was actually just thinking about this same thing. I am going to run up to Sportsman's now to see if it's in-stock as they carry these.
    If not, I'll order it on-line

I have that exact TM on my Scout flats boat, I came from a long background on foot control and bow tiller models- have had it 1 year

My likes-cruise control keeps you at a set movement speed regardless of wind and current, heading keeps you on a course same way, spot lock anchor holds your TM in a 5' circle- want to move 10' to the right while anchored- just push the jog right arrow twice, you can drive the boat with the TM from anywhere with the remote

My dislikes- the designer put the throttle on the top and the steering on the bottom when looking at the remote- totally backwards, when you're using the anchor feature in shallow water- it can suddenly blow out the spot you are fishing as it hits full speed to return you to the GPS point instead of slowly increasing power- also if you have variable winds it sometimes works overtime spinning in different directions to hold you in place-- a foot control is 50x more precise without looking for fine boat positioning- like when bass fishing cypress trees- it also makes you look at the remote and use one hand to do anything.

I jumped in the bow in my buddies Ranger yesterday bass fishing with a foot control TM and never had to look down, use a hand or push the wrong button once.

My satisfaction is 90%- they have an optional foot control that just plugs in , I'm going to get one just for bass, panfish and close range dock fishing

I’ve been looking for one with spotlock and it seems nobody has one, has anyone found an online shop that has them in stock?

Make sure you get the saltwater model. I heard the warranty is voided of you take a freshwater model in the salt.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Spot Lock. It will change your life.