Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
I won’t disagree that male decoys allow guys some trigger time that normally wouldn’t ever come within rifle range of a bird. No arguing there. I honestly feel that the pop-up blind on a field edge with a strutter crowd is a lot smaller percentage of the total number of hunters than we make it out to be. Outside of a few guys with young kids I know no one that hunts that way. It’s boring. The larger majority, even the decoy toters are still walking around chasing gobbles and getting hunts spoiled by walking when you should be sitting. Another thing to consider is how we are losing fields. All the guys I know are hunting on timber land, so a road or landing deck is going to be the largest opening. It’s just getting harder to set up and pull a bird from 300y across a green field, because that field now has pines.

Just my observations. Your mileage may vary. I think opening the season in April will do more good than banning male decoys. I’m afraid we will need both if the trend continues.
There is not a video put out these days (excluding Dave of course) that doesn't kill turkeys without male decoys and mainly strutters. The hunters that hunt the Dave Owens stile are the minorities these days I'm afraid.