Thread: Emergency closure

Default Emergency closure

So they can start whacking brant, etc again on July 16? Every so often, I wish the left coast was a wee bit closer...

Emergency Waterfowl Closure in Y-K Delta
    By JOHANNA EURICH • JUN 1, 2021

Black brant goose.
    CREDIT USFWS

Spring waterfowl hunting in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta is ending Memorial Day weekend. Starting Tuesday, June 1, the waterfowl season will be closed for 30 days to allow migratory birds to nest.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service consulted with the Association of Village Council Presidents Waterfowl Conservation Committee and field biologists before declaring the emergency closure.

The closure for black brant geese will remain in effect through July 15, when those birds fledge.

https://www.kyuk.org/post/emergency-...sure-y-k-delta

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So they can start whacking brant, etc again on July 16? Every so often, I wish the left coast was a wee bit closer...

Emergency Waterfowl Closure in Y-K Delta
    By JOHANNA EURICH • JUN 1, 2021

Black brant goose.
    CREDIT USFWS

Spring waterfowl hunting in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta is ending Memorial Day weekend. Starting Tuesday, June 1, the waterfowl season will be closed for 30 days to allow migratory birds to nest.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service consulted with the Association of Village Council Presidents Waterfowl Conservation Committee and field biologists before declaring the emergency closure.

The closure for black brant geese will remain in effect through July 15, when those birds fledge.

https://www.kyuk.org/post/emergency-...sure-y-k-delta
    Is that NDN only season?
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    Is that NDN only season?
    I think so. NDN's, or better yet the reservations operate under a much different set of rules than regular folks out there.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

It's called "Eating Season".
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

West Coast Brant is one of my favorite watefowl to eat. Tastes like a mallard and a pintail blend.

I'm excited to try an Atlantic Brant, hopefully this season.