Thread: Free Standing Wood Burning Stoves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have a US stove 1200 square foot unit from Tractor Supply and don’t have any complaints. I can fill it up before bed and there’s a pile of hot coals in the morning. It’s in a 900 square foot house and does a good job but I’d get the size up for a bigger building. The only minor drawback to the one I have is I can’t use wood much more than 16” long.

They come with a blower but I’ve never hooked it up.
    Last edited by BowfinClassic; 06-03-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BowfinClassic View Post
    I have a US stove 1200 square foot unit from Tractor Supply and don’t have any complaints. I can fill it up before bed and there’s a pile of hot coals in the morning. It’s in a 900 square foot house and does a good job but I’d get the size up for a bigger building. The only minor drawback to the one I have is I can’t use wood much more than 16” long.

They come with a blower but I’ve never hooked it up.
    Thanks,

I have eyeballed those online a time or two from places such as TSC and Northern Tool but have yet to have a good look at them in person. Was wondering if they were “gimmicky”, glad to hear they are not and they seem fairly affordable priced.
    I think I’d prefer a cast iron stove but have not written off this type just yet
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...