Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Conserving Charleston Harbor land

I want my $5 in my pocket.

So, you’re planning on 4,600,000 visitors to come cover the cost of this excess? How many does it take to cover the maintenance and improvements? How many to cover the cost overruns (kickbacks)?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Toofer, Do you spend any money for your wife and children or just what Toofer wants?
    We cant have an honest discussion about this. You know why. I dont spend every penny.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

hey wackem? where are the attaboys now? You seem to want something.

SC has a balanced budget every year. We have about 1% debt through bonds. We have not added any bonds since 2001. We store 7% in reserve funds. In short we are a conservative state that has a fast growing population and a low cost of living.

Those factors and a reasonable climate are some of the reasons our population is exploding, especially on the coast. Preservation is a worthy expenditure of taxes especially when the public gains access. Because of our growth the legislature and conservation bank will continue to pursue opportunities to conserve unique locations in our state.

This choice was an extremely expensive $/acre purchase. The building can house 50 people in private rooms. PRT can use this property without much renovation. The building is modest and will not preserved for the next 1000 years. Future generations can decide how to utilize the property.

You will be able to get your $5 worth and so will generations to come.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

When my hunt club decides to buy a new tractor that we dont need, I do the same math, DT. I think about what my 1/20th would be. Its a selfish way to look at things but it makes me feel better.

Then, I sit back and think about whether we actually NEEDED the new tractor or not.

Years later, as the tractor sits idly by, I think about what might have been.....

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    So, you’re planning on 4,600,000 visitors to come cover the cost of this excess? How many does it take to cover the maintenance and improvements? How many to cover the cost overruns (kickbacks)?

Our population in SC is 5.3 mil. The cost per person is less than $5 for this property. The state gets 50% of its income from income tax and 50% from sales tax.

From a guy who still turns out the light when he exits a room, even in a public building, I understand the frustration of overtaxed citizens. This purchase is a splurge that needs to be amortized over generations and generations.

Y’all shouldn't be entrusted with a nickel until you fix 95. It's a national embarrassment.

What’s the population of people in SC who actually pay income taxes? The point a lot of us are trying to make and you aren’t hearing is the deal was shit. $23,000,000.00 for 23 acres in the middle of a developed area. $23,000,000.00 that could have been spent fixing our shitty roads, $23,000,000.00 that could have been spent fixing our shitty schools. $23,000,000.00 that could have been spent on lands already owned but in need of repair.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 06-08-2021 at 07:12 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Oh well if it makes you feel better just call it a financial reward to the nuns who spent 150 years giving of their lives to others.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    hey wackem? where are the attaboys now? You seem to want something.
    That “atta boy” was for bringing up someone’s wife and household spending into a conversation that had nothing to do with such, a solid duck tape move. Wgat do I want? I’d really like the state to stop wasting tax payer money. Seems it’ll never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    What’s the population of people in SC who actually pay income taxes? The point a lot of us are trying to make and you aren’t hearing is the deal was shit. $23,000,000.00 for 23 acres in the middle of a developed area. $23,000,000.00 that could have been spent fixing our shitty roads, $23,000,000.00 that could have been spent fixing our shitty schools. $23,000,000.00 that could have been spent on lands already owned but in need of repair.
    He cares little about the point anyone is trying to make.

Oh well if it makes you feel better just call it a financial reward to the nuns who spent 150 years giving of their lives to others.
    With these swells you may want to pull it back to 7 knots...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    With these swells you may want to pull it back to 7 knots...
    Trolling speed, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    That “atta boy” was for bringing up someone’s wife and household spending into a conversation that had nothing to do with such, a solid duck tape move. Wgat do I want? I’d really like the state to stop wasting tax payer money. Seems it’ll never happen.

He cares little about the point anyone is trying to make.
    Sometimes my wife thinks an expensive piece of jewelry has the same value as a new Jon boat.

You mean to the Catholic church, the largest private land owner in the world?

Great day.

Roads, schools, maybe we fix the most mismanaged half assed state retirement system in the union?

Pretty sure those sistas took a vow of poverty as well.

Their boss is an evil, evil man. I would give Clem5on $23m before the Pope and his band of boy frickers...