Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A dream of mine

Default A dream of mine

I have always wanted to own my own piece of land to hunt and if everything goes the way it is supposed to that dream will become a reality in +/- 40 days. It is 65 acres of cypress swamp less than 20 minutes from the house.
    98DB9C6A-9543-4FF2-BBA1-CCF9AADCAB50.jpg
    DBDFADE2-C6C5-4CD3-8681-7879DFAF1408.jpg
    0AB3FB09-34E9-4855-B546-C91C236A8A2D.jpg
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

That's awesome. Congrats!

Awesome man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

That’s some nice dirt.

Beautiful. There is no better setting to whack a turkey on this planet than that last pic...

High end, congrats

That’s awesome, congratulations.

We have the same dream. Very nice sir.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Very nice!
    I soon will be in the process of looking a tract myself

Looks beautiful!! Congrats.

Beautiful looking place. It’ll be worth every penny just to get the kids out there with you.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

Appreciate it fellas. It still doesn’t seem real and it isn’t until the dotted line is signed, but everything is going well so far. I’m beyond excited!!!
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Awesome for you and your family- if it gets tough with the closing- hang in there. With credit scores over 800 and 50% down it took ag south a year to get mine closed due to having a doublewide on a permanent bricked foundation on the land.

Congrats on something that will change your life forever. I had the same dream, and made it a reality two years ago. It changes the way you look at game and the land. Wait until those kids start hunting critters on it. Something I did, and I’m glad, was to go sit down out there and write a letter to my children about why I did what I did. It is something they will have forever. Enjoy and get busy making it better.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Congrats on something that will change your life forever. I had the same dream, and made it a reality two years ago. It changes the way you look at game and the land. Wait until those kids start hunting critters on it. Something I did, and I’m glad, was to go sit down out there and write a letter to my children about why I did what I did. It is something they will have forever. Enjoy and get busy making it better.
    I remember you talking about it on one of the post on a kids first turkey kill recently. That is a cool idea about the letter.

Very nice and congratulations!

Congrats.

Land, is like a boat. Never big enough.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Awesome. Had the same dream. Wanted to do it while my kids were still going and couldn't enjoy it
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

The best thing I’ve ever done is buying my property 5 years ago. I built a pole barn house/shop last summer so we live on the property now. My 2 daughters love it and will disappear for hours entertaining themselves. It is totally different managing for and hunting wildlife when you are on your own property and have a vested interest in it.

very nice!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams