Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PVC Pipe...

Default PVC Pipe...

Just got word that the largest producer of resin in the US just shut down for the next month/month and a half. Claims that their factory flooded and is ceasing production. The guy I talked to said that if you think prices are high now, just wait.

Bet the administration doesn't double the tariffs on Chinese imported PVC like they did Canadian wood though...

Copper prices jumped on Thursday after a union of remote workers for BHP’s Escondida and Spence copper mines in Chile walked off the job, fueling uncertainty over the global supply of the red metal.

The strike at the world’s largest copper mine, and at the smaller Spence comes as copper prices have spiked amid soaring demand as the world’s largest economies revive following more than a year of coronavirus-induced stagnation.

Copper for delivery in July surged more than 3% to $4.677 ($10,310 per tonne) on Thursday afternoon on the Comex market in New York, reversing a downtrend in place since the bellwether metal hit record highs a fortnight ago.

Copper has been drifting lower following threats by Chinese authorities to restrain commodity prices, but their effect has faded and strong demand and tight supply underpin prices, according to Saxo Bank analyst Ole Hansen.

“Copper managed to correct 9% from the peak. That’s a shallow correction. The underlying strength is there,” he said, adding that prices were likely to rise further later in the year.

On Tuesday, CIBC upgraded its copper forecasts. The bank see copper prices rising to $5.25 a pound ($11,550 per tonne) by end of the year.

“As vaccines continue to roll out, we view a global economic recovery, additional government stimulus, and rising inflation expectations as positive momentum drivers for base metals,” the bank said in the report.

Over the long-term, CIBC sees copper prices averaging $3.30 a pound ($7,260 per tonne).

(With files from Reuters)

https://www.mining.com/copper-price-...-chile-strike/

It's getting crazy man. Between pipe prices and lumber prices, I can see the subdivision craze coming to a halt. I have 22 going on in our district right now.

It is almost like they are trying to kill the economy or something...

Fuckin Canadians anyway. Wait til you see the price of duicks this fall!
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Tell 'em, Harv!

Yeah priced out doing to 20x16 pole barn with 2 lean twos and the price of just lumber for frame and post................
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

So how come the stump prices haven't gone up?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

There is not a tree shortage. It’s the mills that have the leverage right now.

Maybe it will slow the Yankee migration but it's about too late anyway. They'll go after meat next.

Soon...

Y’all get ready, when it collapses, it’s going to be a global depression.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

18 months from now, You’ll be able to walk into Lowe’s and have them pay you for lumber. There’s a correction coming.

The company i work for owns its own pvc plant, and they can't even tell us when we're able to get pipe. Fortunately, most of the municipalities around here have gone to poly pipe and dropped copper- we have to call and get replenishment prices each time we quote copper.
    "Mother Nature and Father Time- still undefeated."

Potentially ignorant question, but does this affect PEX in any way?
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Fowlmouth30 View Post
    Potentially ignorant question, but does this affect PEX in any way?
    Yes.

Eta: EVERYTHING plastic has been steadily going up since the first of the year.
    Last edited by Pcole; 05-27-2021 at 08:45 PM.
    "Mother Nature and Father Time- still undefeated."

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Because Canadian companies bought most of the mills,.....and are using monopolistic pricing policies.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    There is an over abundance of wood. Mills are getting all they want, ground conditions are drying. No need to pay a premium.

Prices in my region are higher at this point than year to date but nothing in relation to the lumber prices.
    Last edited by ADP; 05-27-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Because Canadian companies bought most of the mills,.....and are using monopolistic pricing policies.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    What fools allowed that to happen? Damn...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'