Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any word on KS?

and I thought you people were for the DNRs of states controlling harvest?

like the wild turkey in sc? so quickly we forget what we want until its not what we wanted.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    The irony of you morons bitching on social
    Media about social media.

Keep bragging and showing your season recaps.
    Who’s bitching?
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i've been going to KS for over ten years. Large blocks are being sold into smaller blocks. The internet didnt make that happen.
    How has that affected the walk-in program?

smaller landowners who buy land to hunt wouldnt register for the WIHA

fewer WIHA means more people using them

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i've been going to KS for over ten years. Large blocks are being sold into smaller blocks. The internet didnt make that happen.
    Al Gore's internet didn't make it happen, but it did create an avenue that has morphed into broader social media outlets whereby people are learning, reading, and being encouraged....
    So, in short it has had a massive influence on many things including the division of land to feed the increased demand for hunting access.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

you cant prove that any more than led can prove wolves are saving lives in michigan by eating deer.

its all talk.

we have less land, dont we? can we agree on that? I keep hearing from conservation orgs that want my money. They say we are losing hunters by the thousands.

That doesnt add up. Is it "easier" to get a tag bc of an online form? Not to me. I'd rather fill it out in paper.

It certainly is a lot of factors coming together but I have not seen how the internet is the major blame and you know I hate technology....

I thought the issue was a higher demand for the same amount of tags, thus some being left out who usually draw. Am I wrong? If that is the case, it would seem less land isn't the issue. I apologize if I've I'm looking at this incorrectly, 2th.

Default Any word on KS?

You would be correct, the increase in applicants has nothing to do with less land. More hunters did not apply because there was less land.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 05-27-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Strictly talking Kansas here, and this is only my opinion: it is 100% more in the limelight this year than any year I can remember. Most of you probably don’t know who he is, but Chrės Bee killed a booner on WIHA last season. Chris put a series of videos on YouTube showing how he killed said deer and made it look pretty easy. Then Mathews, who sponsors chris ran with it along with several other sponsors.

No exaggeration I’ve had 3 dozen local guys call me asking about Kansas because they saw the chris bee video. They wanted to know the particulars of how WIHA and the draw lottery worked. I know for a fact more than a dozen of those applied this year and didn’t even have Kansas on the radar last year.

Exposure led to the surge in applicants. Good or bad, that’s the deal. Part of me wants to see everyone kill a nice buck and have a good time in a really cool part of the country, but the other part is selfish and knows an unsuccessful draw is in my future.

Chris Bee didn’t get drawn for Kansas this year according to his Instagram, just FYI...

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Strictly talking Kansas here, and this is only my opinion: it is 100% more in the limelight this year than any year I can remember. Most of you probably don’t know who he is, but Chrės Bee killed a booner on WIHA last season. Chris put a series of videos on YouTube showing how he killed said deer and made it look pretty easy. Then Mathews, who sponsors chris ran with it along with several other sponsors.

No exaggeration I’ve had 3 dozen local guys call me asking about Kansas because they saw the chris bee video. They wanted to know the particulars of how WIHA and the draw lottery worked. I know for a fact more than a dozen of those applied this year and didn’t even have Kansas on the radar last year.

Exposure led to the surge in applicants. Good or bad, that’s the deal. Part of me wants to see everyone kill a nice buck and have a good time in a really cool part of the country, but the other part is selfish and knows an unsuccessful draw is in my future.

Chris Bee didn’t get drawn for Kansas this year according to his Instagram, just FYI...
    He was the first name that popped in my head when I read about social media and Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it 2thDoc.
    DILLIGAF

I can’t be the only one thinking it..

.270’s and green lights?

Less land, where the hell does that idea come from Asbill?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

When the internet came out, those of us who knew how to hunt, showed a lot of people what a beautiful piece of sausage looked like. Years later new sites like Youtube then taught everyone how the sausage is made. It has most certainly changed everything.

Hell I can learn to change the timing belt on a Porsche 911S in about 20 minutes and I don't even know what the fuck a timing belt is...

The amount of hot woman that are DIY on the interwebs is astonishing. Everybody wants to be a YouTube/ Instagram/Tictok star. Tiffany is chopped liver these days. Sure the internet has helped fuel the desire for even myself to go hunt a public land giant!
    Low country redneck who moved north

They flooded the market, The Godfather Winke is about to change it again in shorter 5 mins or less educational clips and kill shots. It was a sad day when he hunted from a redneck blind after riding in on a electric bike but he did keep ads off his clips.

I doubt most of social media will carry hunting channels much longer. Reporters living in Hilton Head from the Midwest are calling fisherman shark murders.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    When the internet came out, those of us who knew how to hunt, showed a lot of people what a beautiful piece of sausage looked like. Years later new sites like Youtube then taught everyone how the sausage is made. It has most certainly changed everything.

Hell I can learn to change the timing belt on a Porsche 911S in about 20 minutes and I don't even know what the fuck a timing belt is...

Big facts. Information is gained quicker with the www, no doubt. And for guys like myself that didn’t have much of a daddy sites like YouTube are great for showing how to accomplish X. The barrier to entry is lessened because now you have some idea of what the hell is going on vs showing up to turkey hunt in blaze orange. I have no issue with the 26yo kid working some overtime to buy a KS tag and sleeping in rathole hotels for a week trying to kill a deer he’s proud of. I think the concern is these cringe worthy internet stars seeking fame from the outdoors. The former tends to show a little respect for the ground, animals, and other folks. The latter needs his snot-box busted at sunrise each morning.

Like present day duck hunters here in SC.
    Low country redneck who moved north

At the end of the day, one aspect or the other of social media is killing our hunting and hunting heritage as most of us learned it.
    Be it the how to youtubes, the watch me kill a turkey with a motorized decoy and that's what I'm gonna do, to you name it!
    It goes on and on and it needs to change.
    Maybe it will hit home when you have to draw a lottery turkey tag for NE or SD but the time is now for this BS to change!
    Last edited by Calibogue; 05-27-2021 at 06:05 PM.