Thread: Cell Signal Booster for Metal Building

Default Cell Signal Booster for Metal Building

(I used the search function, but the threads were from a while back)

I need a cell signal booster for my metal shop (have zero bars currently when inside). I don't have internet in the shop. Amazon has too many to choose from.

Go.

How far is the shop from your house, or other internet source?

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    How far is the shop from your house, or other internet source?
    80'. May get it out there one day, but for now I'm just looking to be able to use my phone.

I got mine from verizon- sits on the red iron, antenna goes out a small hole in the siding, plug into the wall outlet, full signal indoors

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    I got mine from verizon- sits on the red iron, antenna goes out a small hole in the siding, plug into the wall outlet, full signal indoors
    I'm going to check with them here shortly.

Or just switch to att

I got one on Amazon. Works great
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

We had a weboost installed from Wilson electronics. The booster seems to work fine so far so I would say it’s a decent product. What sucks is the install, it was a nightmare. Do not waste your money on install just do it yourself.

Lots of factors to consider.

Talk to your cell carrier first. They might have an option to plug into your current internet connection.

Other options are as mentioned cell signal booster. I have one from Weboost and those options are varied. I think one of the cell booster companies has an online questionnaire that will guide you into the right product.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

WeBoost by Wilson is the best on the market. I've used one in the truck for the past several years and know people who use them in the house.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I got one on Amazon. Works great
    Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Or just switch to att
    It didn't matter which company- none worked in my building- now they all do

Quote Originally Posted by justhuntin View Post
    We had a weboost installed from Wilson electronics. The booster seems to work fine so far so I would say it’s a decent product. What sucks is the install, it was a nightmare. Do not waste your money on install just do it yourself.
    Samsies. Wilson is a great product and I had to use one for years. It certainly didn't work with my bullshit attempt at sticking it on a fishing rod or broom handle out the window or something. Got an electrician type to set it up and it was great from then on...

I have AT&T and it won't work inside my trailer at the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Which one?
    This one I think. I went from not being able to receive a call or text to high speed.
    7A957F84-F3FD-43BE-BB45-156235C4E3C1.jpg
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I had cell phone service in my barn, but web surfing was sometimes slow, and streaming or mirroring to my tv was awful. I paid a guy a couple of hundred bucks to bury 300 feet of coax and added another router. It put $5 per month on my bill, but now I have high enough speed for streaming and whatever else I need.
    Last edited by wob; 05-25-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    I had cell phone service in my barn, but web surfing was sometimes slow, and streaming or mirroring to my tv was awful. I paid a guy a couple of hundred bucks to bury 300 feet of coax and added another router. It put $5 per month on my bill, but now I have high enough speed for streaming and whatever else I need.
    Hindsight and all...
    Instead of coax, he should have buried cat6 cable connected to your existing router and hooked an access point to it. It would basically be a really long patch cable and give you wifi in the barn. Plus, you wouldn't have to pay $5/mo extra.

you cant even fix this web site from double posting
    and some cat couldnt post any pics on here the other day.

no one's gonna listen to you.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    This one I think. I went from not being able to receive a call or text to high speed.
    7A957F84-F3FD-43BE-BB45-156235C4E3C1.jpg
    Mine is 1 small electronic box about 6"x8"x1" with a power cord and 6" attached antenna- cost about $200 from verizon

Which unit you need depends on a couple of variables. How strong is the signal outside? These boosters work great, but they can’t turn a zero signal into great. I bought the biggest residential one Wilson offered. Costs me $1000, but allows me to work from home and the wife to play on social media. Worth every penny to me. Went from 1-2 bars of 4g outside to now having 2-3 bars of LTE in certain spots of the house for VZW. AT&T is much better as their tower is closer. I can run 5G when I’m within 20’ of my indoor antenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr