Thread: Accurate suppressor for hunting

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Default Accurate suppressor for hunting

I am in the market for a suppressor that I can use on an AR pattern 5.56 and a 6.8 SPC for hunting. I understand that some QD mounts are not the most conducive to accurate shooting. I would like recommendations/opinions on particular setups…. (Pros and Cons) Currently I am not looking for one to go on a bolt gun.

Thanks
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

you need to speak with Steelin' Ducks

Omega
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I swap my Omega around on several guns. I don't have to re-zero because of the can.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I use a Thunder Beast Ultra to good effect.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Are these direct threaded or QD mounts? Also is there really anything to the accuracy/repeatable POI concern with QD’s or is that a thing of the past? I am fairly anal retentive about accuracy so I am not looking for 50 yard zombie blasting judgements.

Thanks for the feedback!
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I got a dead air nomad. Never tell the suppressor is mounted when it comes to accuracy.

Lots of good about an omega but... If I had to pick one rifle can, I'd probably pick a Sandman S. I own a Razor 7.62 and have compared it to many and I'm glad I got it. It's a VERY close second to the sandman S if I had to pick one. For a hunting bolt gun, a direct thread mount is fine. You don't shoot it much. For anything else, a good sealing qd mount is a necessity IMO. There's a couple of relatively new rifle cans on the market that might suit you. I probably would have bought one if available when I bought my razor. Check out the deadair nomad TI and the Rugged Radiant. I wouldn't get too caught up in the modularity of the rugged stuff because you'll probably run it long all the time. Pay attention the diameter of the nomad if you have a bolt gun with a low mounted scope. You might see it in the scope and that would suck.

and I just re read and you are talking AR. So, Rugged Surge, Rugged Razor, Rugged Radiant, Nomad Ti, Nomad L, Sandman S

The Omega ASR QD mounts have short threads and a taper to center up the can. It's not like a bayonet but it's pretty quick and easy.

I practice at 300 yards. I have not experienced any noticeable shift on POI from taking the can off and on. YMMV

Omega 300 all day long
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Omega. I did the research for myself on my competition rifle.

Checked zero group 200yards. Took suppressor off, cased everything and went to lunch. Put suppressor back on and shot group again. No POI shift. This was with the Omega QD brake.

I have since went direct thread. It makes it a lot easier to clean the carbon off the crown.

And the Omega 300 comes with the QC mount and a direct thread mount! Value added...
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Omega 300 w/ ASR brake:
    -5.56 & 300 w/ various bbl. lengths in each, all very close w/ or w/o can
    -w/o can it's louder than a std. A2 device
    -100% faith in attachment (use out on the boat)
    -Radian Raptor-SD helps keep some exhaust from face
    -no flash with all ammo types thus far
    -Exit end "Elroy" attachment may not look right but atv mud collected there can be seen at a glance vs. not seeing anything maybe collected inside the opening w/o it.