Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 143

Thread: 2021 Tropical

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Banks of the Wateree
    Posts
    37,732

    Default

    Oh heck yeah I do, only two real incidents in 20 years if I remember correctly.. I got a call last week, an employee set it off leaving the other store.. long story

    Ha, once I'm up I'm up. If it's 2ish or 4ish, I cannot go back to sleep. it's the way I'm wired. I'm up around before 6 anyways, so I'll use the extra time for a movie or European golf.

    I have like two apps, none of them make noises.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edisto/Camdenshire
    Posts
    7,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so you get to be woken up when someone else trips the alarm and the police or your alarm company make sure you are bothered, too?

    makes total sense. but I am just being myself.
    I dont sleep for shit. I sure as hell dont need my phone telling me its raining and there might be a tornado. What am I gonna do other than be scared? Pretty much gonna stay inside anyway....
    Maybe get to center room with no windows or perhaps the basement. The least you could do is try and get your kids to safety if you don't care about yourself. Stuff like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Banks of the Wateree
    Posts
    37,732

    Default

    my last one made the State, JAB posted it on here, the bastard got like sixty bucks in quarters and two pints of vodka for ruining my night and a four hundred dollar window. I'm done with tempered glass. I still keep that f'n brick under my desk.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    39,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Maybe get to center room with no windows or perhaps the basement. The least you could do is try and get your kids to safety if you don't care about yourself. Stuff like that.
    yeah. the guilt trip. i tried that yesterday and got shot down.

    my kids really are capable of taking care of themselves during a non tornadic event.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edisto/Camdenshire
    Posts
    7,428

    Default

    Hahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    3.5-4 inches rain east of cooper. Strong winds, rain, etc. 3am or so phone went off for tornado warning. Figured I would stay awake for a few to monitor. Berkeley cty dispatch confirmed tornado touchdowns shortly thereafter and it sounds like there were several in the area and across the state. I havenít seen any local reports of injuries.
    When dispatch confirmed tornado on ground nearby I moved wife and child downstairs to couch to go back to sleep. I made coffee and hung out for a bit and then was fortunate enough to be clearing trees from roadway off 41 in the dumping ass rain at 5am. Otherwise uneventful.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In the middle of it
    Posts
    6,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so you get to be woken up when someone else trips the alarm and the police or your alarm company make sure you are bothered, too?

    makes total sense. but I am just being myself.
    I dont sleep for shit. I sure as hell dont need my phone telling me its raining and there might be a tornado. What am I gonna do other than be scared? Pretty much gonna stay inside anyway....
    You still have a house phone by the bed. Or a house phone, at all.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Hampton Co., SC
    Posts
    9,326

    Default

    2" in the Hamptons....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    39,678

    Default

    2,75 in eastover

    I have a house phone somewhere. it doesnt ring.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Crystal Coast
    Posts
    13,340

    Default

    Sounds like a tornado hit Port Royal. Not sure if confirmed or not.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    FROG LEVEL
    Posts
    20,580

    Default

    Got .33 in the hole. Location is the key.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Akupla Acres
    Posts
    4,264

    Default

    Tore the roof off of a bunkhouse on a farm on St. Helena... lots of trees down on Land's Inn road... or so I am told.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.


    Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...



  13. #133
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Wateree, South Carolina
    Posts
    41,655

    Default


  14. #134
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    TR/Sumter/TR
    Posts
    8,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Just hush. Got my toes in the sand as we speak. Need today and tomorrow to be good ones.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Wateree, South Carolina
    Posts
    41,655

    Default

    You will be fine. This little thing is days away from probably doing not much of anything but bringing some rain to the lowcountry.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    TR/Sumter/TR
    Posts
    8,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You will be fine. This little thing is days away from probably doing not much of anything but bringing some rain to the lowcountry.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blythewood
    Posts
    16,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    Tore the roof off of a bunkhouse on a farm on St. Helena... lots of trees down on Land's Inn road... or so I am told.
    Weren't no trees down on Land's End Rd that I'm aware of.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Akupla Acres
    Posts
    4,264

    Default

    My son had to move trees/limbs etc to move equipment down the road. Sorry I didn't ask for pictures.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.


    Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...



  19. #139
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pawleys Island
    Posts
    33,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You will be fine. This little thing is days away from probably doing not much of anything but bringing some rain to the lowcountry.
    Great, biggest threat it now poses is a malaria outbreak.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.


    You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

  20. #140
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    TR/Sumter/TR
    Posts
    8,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Great, biggest threat it now poses is a malaria outbreak.
    In your backyard now. Will be back next weekend too. Holler if you need anything.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •