Thread: Gardens...

Default Gardens...

How are yall's gardens looking so far? Noticed last night, I've got the first squash of the season on one of my plants. Hopefully it'll be a good year.

Looking good. My peppers were slow getting started (seed). I was late getting sweet corn in the ground, but everything is jumping now. Some rain to get the ground good and soaked would be nice, but the sprinkler is doing the job.

Need rain. Gonna have some nice fire starting tender here soon if it doesn't change. Next week isn't looking promising either.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I put some mulch around most of my stuff and it seems to be keeping it fairly damp. Hopefully the heat next week will make the okra shoot up. My tomato plants aren't dying, but they aren't growing that much either. I've got a few blooms on them, but I'm thinking I might pull them off and let them get a little taller before I let them start producing fruit.

Damn birds were pulling my sweet corn up as fast as I could plant it. Peas and beans are doing good but okra is a little slow. Squash and zucchini are starting to produce and tomatoes don't look bad. I agree on the rain but I water religiously regardless.
    Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post

......Some of you guys are fastidious and choosy to the point of near faggotry.