Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My "excuse" post

Default My "excuse" post

Backordered.

So backordered is the new word of the day.

National shortage is the 2nd most used excuse at a2z.

So just like everyone else here, my industry is being heavily hit with backorder and national shortages. Price increases are coming, they have too.

For example... you can forget tires especially MT or AT's.

Shipping has gone up.

I could go on and on. It's just not lumber.

I heard Zesto's put up a sign that chicken wings have gone up and on a national shortage.

Crazy times.... Sorry I've been away. I'll post some squat trucks once parts start coming in.
    Last edited by KRT; 05-19-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

You can keep the squatted truck picks to yourself.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

so does this mean that redneck kids will only jack up on wheel at a time now?
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Good thing i'm not doing anything special with those vehicles.

Thanks for what you do though.

Wing basket at leos went from $8 to $15. They gonna get that stimulus check back one way or another.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    You can keep the squatted truck picks to yourself.
    or you can not click on the thread.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Trust me, squat trucks don't pay my bills. It was a joke of sort. We haven't installed just a front lift in a while. We have slung the shit out of 24 and 26 inch wheel and tires though. Like crack cocain.
    Last edited by KRT; 05-19-2021 at 02:28 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Here's my new deck. I only had $4500 to spend right now.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 05-19-2021 at 02:29 PM.

BMW valve cover gaskets are on backorder. Crazy...
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Wing basket at leos went from $8 to $15. They gonna get that stimulus check back one way or another.
    Whaaaat!!! Raw fries gone up too? Not a week goes by since we moved that me or my girls don't mention wings and raw fries.

it's f'n mind numbing here, I've had corporate events rolling out since opening this morning for the Carolina Cup.. all the way up to Saturday morning, I'm fighting to get simple things..

Build. Back. Better.

I know you’re holding a set for my new truck. Hopefully it will leave the Ford factory before 2025. Call me if you need me to do something different. On another note the farm truck I’m driving has no AC. Probably gone have to come see you soon. Hopefully you can 2003 Ford AC compressors.

How you fixed for ball joints?

There is no "wing shortage". There is a shortage of folks who come in to work to cut wings. I've been on the floor and have seen Plant Managers cutting wings recently.....that's the highest paid wing cutter I've ever witnessed. Plants are trying to pay them bonus incentives for coming back and staying. However, therein lies another problem. "A problem with extra money?" you say. Yes, the bonus money takes many of them out of the range for their gov't assistance. I can't make this shit up.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    There is no "wing shortage". There is a shortage of folks who come in to work to cut wings. I've been on the floor and have seen Plant Managers cutting wings recently.....that's the highest paid wing cutter I've ever witnessed. Plants are trying to pay them bonus incentives for coming back and staying. However, therein lies another problem. "A problem with extra money?" you say. Yes, the bonus money takes many of them out of the range for their gov't assistance. I can't make this shit up.
    Good post.

I submit that we haven't yet begun to see the extent of the downstream effects of this foolishness...

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    I know you’re holding a set for my new truck. Hopefully it will leave the Ford factory before 2025. Call me if you need me to do something different. On another note the farm truck I’m driving has no AC. Probably gone have to come see you soon. Hopefully you can 2003 Ford AC compressors.
    You have a set here sir....
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    How you fixed for ball joints?
    I had to giggle
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    Years ago, there was a vagrancy law here in the South.

Anyone without work and loafing would be caught up by the law, and put to work in the turpentine industry, earning a wage. We didnt have bums and shit got done. I'd like to see it come back.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The British used "Press gangs" that rounded up the idle and put them on ships bound for the far corners of the world.

After slavery ended here, they used the sheriff's office to round up however many "law breakers" that were needed for a job. Might be timbering as you say, might be coal mines in Alabama, draining swamps in Florida, whatever. Much, much more brutal than slavery ever was because the labor was insanely cheap and there was no incentive whatsoever to take care of the workers . They could be replaced in a skinny minute...