Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There's Gold in them thar Hills

Congrats on a great trip! The first time some buddies invited me along on a Western swing it certainly opened my eyes to all the amazing places we have right here. To hunt turkeys in that type of landscape, when you’re a turkey hunter, is just unparalleled in my mind.
    Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Outstanding. When Turkey hunters from the East finally make it out West, they kick themselves in the rear over not going sooner.

Glad you had a great trip. Congrats on some nice birds. Fun times out there for sure.
    I see places and I wish I could hunt/kill a turkey in them. Places that just look "right". After I took little brother to NM, I said...I have to kill a turkey in this landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by holdin down the fort View Post
    My phone must be broke. Looks like those turkey hunting lessons paid off for you, glad I was able to help you out
    Right? Lets split that moose/caribou/grizz hunt instead.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    To hunt turkeys in that type of landscape, when you’re a turkey hunter, is just unparalleled in my mind.
    Well said.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

How was the road kill cafe?

Awesome stuff, congrats on a great trip!

That's awesome bud.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Outstanding. When Turkey hunters from the East finally make it out West, they kick themselves in the rear over not going sooner.

Glad you had a great trip. Congrats on some nice birds. Fun times out there for sure.
    this! and I read all nitros post about it bc he can damn sure tell you where to eat. not sure why I just giggle about that. If I get alpha gal, I'd be in trouble...

and. BB, your observations were humorous and spot on.
    good trip!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    this! and I read all nitros post about it bc he can damn sure tell you where to eat. not sure why I just giggle about that. If I get alpha gal, I'd be in trouble...

and. BB, your observations were humorous and spot on.
    good trip!
    Place we eat at on our favorite "Out West" destination ain't real great , but it is literally the only place. They do have cold beer, cheap whiskey, pool tables and a juke box. Our crew has been known to buy the house ( four , maybe five locals) a few rounds and that goes a long way out in that country.

When we get off the Mountain, it's a different story.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Oh yeah,

BB - nice turkey whistle from Billy Buice.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Great hunt, J. I was gonna ask about them boots... but nevermind. The chances of you or I finding a size 14 out there would be pretty slim.

Top Job!!! There's nothing like those Western birds and nothing like those Western People..... Awesome!