Thread: Braves Game Help

Default Braves Game Help

Looks like we will be kidnapping the grandson for last 3 weeks of June. He's 11 and has mentioned something about wanting to go to an MLB game. Here in Greenville we have the Drive (High-A class whatever that means) but I'm thinking we might can shoot for a Braves vs. Cardinals game Friday 6/18. I would love to get him a week sooner and combine the baseball game with a visit to the Blade Show but that's not going to work this year. Need some input as I've never been to the new stadium...

Anybody have a line on decent seats/tickets?

Any do's/don'ts?

Is staying at the Hampton and walking over to the stadium a decent option?

Input appreciated.

Thank you!

I stayed at the Hampton and walked over. The new stadium is nice, I would get in the gates early to see the Braves museum at the stadium. That’s all I have to offer.

I try to go to a game every year. Like was said, go early and take it in. I’ve sat in multiple areas around the stadium and haven’t found a bad view yet.

Idk if the boy is old enough to appreciate the PBR bar or not, but if he is, walk by and let the young man take a gander.

Look into seats that are under the upper deck. It will keep sun and rain off of you. Worth the money

I had another member message me earlier today with the same question. Here was my response:

1) sit on the first base side. The sun sets behind the 1st base side so if you’re on the 3rd base side the sun is right in your face
    2) we stay at the Westin on concourse pkwy when we go down. It has been pretty good for the money. The deeper you get into town the more a room will cost. There is a Publix near that Westin for subs and other groceries, as well as other places to eat. I’m not saying that Westin is the best or only option, but it has worked for us. It’s 2 or 3 exits away from the stadium.
    3) I’d plan on eating before you go to the game. There are a few cool restaurants in the battery outside the stadium but on game day they are pretty much packed. They have nachos, dogs, etc in the game but I’d eat a meal before
    4) I always park behind the Applebee’s on spring rd. You have to walk across 41 to get to the stadium but the lights make it easy. I’ve found that to be way more affordable than parking on the other side of 41. You can usually park for $20-$40 there.
    5) there is a big gift shop on concourse 1 so you can get a hat or shirt. It’s overpriced but what isn’t. Several other small gift shops all around the stadium.
    6) the little HOF they have set up inside the stadium is pretty cool. I’d go early to just walk around.
    7) you can choose whatever you want to do in atl during the day. The aquarium will be slam packed, I’ll never step foot in that place again. The college FB HOF is cool. Great pizza place just up from there.

ETA: tickets aren’t what I would consider cheap. For a Friday game plan on $60+ per seat in the 300 level. I’m sure others might have found cheaper, but that has been a good baseline for me. It’s a great ballpark. We try to go a few times per year.
    Last edited by wiz18; 05-18-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Shop around for tickets. We got seats in right field lower deck for a Saturday night game for $39.

Take some hits and good bullpen pitching with you. There won't be much of either there..

Eat at the Terrapin Taproom. Great Athens made beer and Fox Bros BBq.

All the above tips are good. It's not difficult to get to or out of Truist.

I will be at the Blade Show on Friday 6/4. That is a great event.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 05-19-2021 at 06:53 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    Take some hits and good bullpen pitching with you. There won't be much of either there..
    Haha truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaang... troof

It's gonna be a long summer.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
    I’ve sat in multiple areas around the stadium and haven’t found a bad view yet.
    This

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    This

While I agree there isn’t a bad line to see the game, if you sit on the 3base side from roughly the dugout to the fence you’ll be blind by inning 3 of a 7:10 game. The sun in your face is awful. I found out on trip 1 to the new stadium. For a guy that reads wind 4 months a year you would think I could check a compass before going to Atlanta.

Sit from behind the plate to anywhere on the 1st base side.

Makes sense.

In all fairness I was there for an evening game and sat thru a 2 hour rain delay, so game didn't start to like 8. So I never saw the sun.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft