Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gave him the finger

Default Gave him the finger

Greenwood man charged after pointing finger gun at doctor, deputy says
    WYFF 4Updated: 4:50 PM EDT May 18, 2021

George Michael Osborne charged with assault and battery after threatening doctor, deputies say

GREENWOOD, S.C. —
    An Upstate man was arrested and charged Tuesday after deputies said he threatened a doctor with a finger gun.

The Greenwood County Sheriff's Office charged George Michael Osborne with third-degree assault and battery, Sgt. Jeff Graham said.

The charge stems from a call that came into the sheriff's office about 9 a.m. about a patient making a threat to harm a doctor at Lakelands Orthopedic Associates, located at 102 Gregor Mendel Circle, Graham said.

Graham said the threat was communicated after a doctor told Osborne that he could not do anything for his injury, which caused Osborne to become irate.

Osborne pointed his finger like a gun at the doctor and said if he couldn’t help him, he would be back and get him, according to Graham.

The doctor and other staff at the practice believed Osborne was possibly coming back to the office armed with a gun, Graham said.

Graham explained the charge as third-degree because the threat of assault was made in person, and the person had the ability to carry out the threat.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/greenw...-says/36466041

Counselors are on site to comfort the grieving victims.

Every night I go to bed thinking I may have seen or read about the dumbest thing ever, the next day I get proven wrong.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Christ Almighty.

I'd be fucking embarrassed to report that. I bet that doctor tucks his junk and dresses in lacey drawers.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Wow, must be comforting knowing your the biggest pussy on the planet.
    "run and gun guide service"

I am just hoping 2th doesn't see this for reals...

He would probably have been charged with the same thing even if he didn't make the finger gun. He told him he was coming back to get him. The finger gun further illustrated what he meant by what he said. Seems like a clear threat to me. If I was a doctor who refused to prescribe pain meds to tweaker and he threatened me, I'd probably take it seriously.

It's not like kicking little Johnny out of K5 for making a finger gun while playing cowboy at recess.
    Last edited by wob; 05-18-2021 at 04:21 PM.

I may be missing something here but If someone made a verbal/visual threat that suggested he may come back to your place of business with a gun, you don’t think that is reportable?

These days, I certainly see that as a viable threat and is worth reporting. Maybe I am a pussy, or maybe I just dont like the idea of some crazy person coming back into a doctors office with a gun and shooting people for no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably wise after the York county incident, especially if the lack of help provided was in fact a refusal to write a script for a controlled substance
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

As much as I think this is silly, was the doctor really all that wrong?

Think about how many crazy people lose it each day then think about the typical setup of a doctor’s office. If this guy decided to come back, he would likely have to deal with a number of females before getting to the doctor. How would you feel if you were the doctor who let it go and the guy came back and harmed a female employee?

I’m not sure if there’s a right answer in a situation like this.

I’m sorry this is freaking stupid.

Remember the doctor and his family in Rockhill.

Default Gave him the finger

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    That was the first thing that went through my mind. Those who think this is stupid I would agree if he just did the Shooter McGavin but saying he is going to come back and get the doctor was pushing it. Say the doctor ignored it and he came back and hurt someone, would y’all think the doctor was stupid for not having situational awareness?
    Last edited by Woodiewacker82; 05-18-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Yep - I bet this guy was faking pain to get opiods...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Some of y’all are pretty dense if you don’t think this was a reportable offense.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

So now if someone points his finger gun at me can I shoot him? Of course I was fearing for my life.

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    So now if someone points his finger gun at me can I shoot him? Of course I was fearing for my life.
    Ddduuurrrrrrr....

Some of you are way off on this. A threat is serious. I know folks who have shot and killed others both as defenseafter a threat and in malicious anger carrying out a threat. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    If someone came into your place of employment and took issue with you. Then said he was going to return and get you and then made that gesture I don’t think you would take it lightly.

Apparently this dude needed some pain meds.
    Windows Down!