Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiawah 2021 (Warning this is a GOLF thread)

Default Kiawah 2021 (Warning this is a GOLF thread)

Who's headed over to the PGA championship? It should be a fun one to watch on TV. I should have taken my son today, my only day to really get away this week.. I don't know if I could take Sunday down there.

Limited spectators to 10k, I am headed down Friday, staying for the weekend but only going to the event Sunday.

I'll be there Saturday. Gave my Sunday tix away so I can watch from home.

Yeah, Sunday on TV is the way to go. I think with limited it won't be that bad during the week, it's flat. I haven't been to a tournament there, I've been there.. but I think it'd be hard to watch in person.. my son wouldn't care that much though. I guess they'll still bus in and off though won't they?

Went yesterday. Players were pretty laid back and interacted with the fans a bunch. $16 for a beer was a little unexpected though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Ace View Post
    You are exactly right sc sportsman

Yeah, parking at Freshfields Village and getting bussed in isn't fun. I was there in '12, being a spectator this year should be more fun with limited people. I prefer to play there as long as someone else is paying.

I went last time and said never again. Getting to the course is a cluster. Rain storm came at about 4:30 and took 2.5 hours to get from course to parking lot.

Still only one way on/off the island. I can see the affected traffic from my office. Would rather watch it from my TV any day.

Leaving tomorrow. Staying in Hollywood off Tom Point Rd

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    I went last time and said never again. Getting to the course is a cluster. Rain storm came at about 4:30 and took 2.5 hours to get from course to parking lot.
    I'd throw up. I took my oldest daughter to the PGA championship at Quail, we got bused in and out. At one point I looked up in panic hoping Scotty could beam us up.

I'm pretty locked up until Saturday with the Cup or I would have gone down tomorrow or maybe Thursday with my son

Should be much better with limited spectators. The Ocean Course isn't very spectator-friendly. 2012 was a cluster.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Played it once. Been to the PGA there once. I've done my part. Followed Bubba, Ernie, and I think Webb if I remember correctly in 2012 (first day the major winners were grouped together). It was honestly equivalent to walking in sand dune all day. Everyone should do it once. And yeah, the busing in was a cluster.

I've been sitting down watching the press and players talking.. Justin Thomas said he laughed when he saw the back 9 was playing over four thousand yards.

In 2012 If you drove a Mercedes you could park at the course.

I borrowed one from a family member last time. It was way easy.

I played that course probably 50 times in college when my buddies caddied out there. It never got easier. Musgrove might be the only course I’ve played that competes with the difficulty.

I’ll probably just hang in the shop and watch coverage on TV. Some great pairings
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Ill be out tomorrow, hopefully the reduced crowds make it bearable.

I could have gone today and I can go Friday...but I'd rather work. The traffic coming off of Maybank and Main road this afternoon made me glad I didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    I played that course probably 50 times in college when my buddies caddied out there. It never got easier. Musgrove might be the only course I’ve played that competes with the difficulty.
    The mill will get ya. Quick
    Go Tigers!!!

HS next time you come to Quail hit me up. Can let you park at my old house (was the deal when I sold to the new owners in writing) and you can walk straight across the street into the gates. 10 minutes to the tee box.