Thread: Almost got me

Default Almost got me

74049061-79DB-4E67-8633-8E68E7544881.jpg
    I was at a lake house today trimming some bushes and reached down to move a limb i had just cut with the hedge trimmers and saw this fella move about 2” under my hand. Not today satan. He got the business end of the shovel. Looks like i also got him with the hedge trimmer without knowing.

Ive killed 3 in last 2 years within feet of my house. They love hiding in the pine straw.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Folks make light of a Copperhead bite. Years ago, I treated a couple people hit by snakes less than 18" long. One girl lost her index finger and another damn near lost her foot. Hit right below the ankle and she was very sick and had a long recovery period..

Word is that the Copperheads over here are on the prowl for the 17 year Cicadas that are hatching out. No Copperheads in my yard yet, but I did move a damn fine example of a King yesterday. He did not like being trifled with.

Ideal Copperhead habitat over here seems to be a bed of Variegated Liriope.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Folks make light of a Copperhead bite. Years ago, I treated a couple people hit by snakes less than 18" long. One girl lost her index finger and another damn near lost her foot. Hit right below the ankle and she was very sick and had a long recovery period..

Word is that the Copperheads over here are on the prowl for the 17 year Cicadas that are hatching out. No Copperheads in my yard yet, but I did move a damn fine example of a King yesterday. He did not like being trifled with.

I relocated a nice king out of my brother’s barn on Mother’s Day. Good size one(around 40”), and he was a mean bastard. The adults all ran like school girls, and my nieces were intrigued and wanted to look at it up close. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

I always tell people it felt like a fire ant bite. The weeks following were a different story tho. A juvenile copperhead is bad business for anyone, especially an 8 year old playing in the yard.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    I always tell people it felt like a fire ant bite. The weeks following were a different story tho. A juvenile copperhead is bad business for anyone, especially an 8 year old playing in the yard.
    Got bit by a young one when I was 12. I thought I would get in trouble so I decided not to tell anyone. Well an hour later I felt like I was going to die, took me 6 months to recover fully.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Got bit by a young one when I was 12. I thought I would get in trouble so I decided not to tell anyone. Well an hour later I felt like I was going to die, took me 6 months to recover fully.
    I was a badass little shit. Bastard bit me and once I saw him I had the idea to kick him. That was a lesson I learned the hard way as he bit me the 2nd time. I spent 3 weeks in the hospital. Almost lost my leg below the knee. Chicken pox in August in 90 degree heat followed by a snake bite in September was a glorious summer.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Folks make light of a Copperhead bite.
    I sure as hell used to. All snake bites really. Then the innernets came about and those images of what actually happens after a bite. Never touched another venomous snake after a lifetime of snatching them up left and right...

Leave your king snakes and you want see a copperhead
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Leave your king snakes and you want see a copperhead
    Only reason I moved that snake was to save his life. My woman chops every snake she sees into small portions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

This cooperhead was in the bushes at the peoples mailbox. I told the lady to be on the lookout while getting her mail because the bushes are thick and you damn near put your feet under them to get the mail out of the box.

Nope nope and more nope

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Sheesh. That dumb bitch just watched the headless corpse pop chunky on the arm for picking it up. I've seen severed heads give the same medicine and she's holding it with a snot rag.

This ri'chere tells you why almost all snake bites occur because someone was fucking with it and had they just left it alone...they'd be free from all that antivenin copays.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton