Thread: Doe with a tracking collar

Default Doe with a tracking collar

20210514_212154.jpg pulled this off of 1 of my cameras in McCormick, SC. Had a coyote with a collar on last year at the same camera. Also heard a bear had been killed by a car between McCormick and Troy with a tracking collar on it. Are they trying to introduce bears into that area? Is this a DNR project or a Fish and Wildlife fed project?
    every expert was once a beginner

I saw a bear while turkey hunting in modoc last season.
    That’s interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

“They” don’t have to try and introduce bears anywhere, all the corn y’all are dumping out is taking care of that for “them”.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    “They” don’t have to try and introduce bears anywhere, all the corn y’all are dumping out is taking care of that for “them”.
    What saddle system you running brah

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Never have put out a single kernel of corn at my place, too many acorns on the ground for them to eat on, however we had a place in Jamestown that was loaded with bears. They figured out how to turn the spreader on the bottom of the feeder to get the corn out. After a few days of doing this, the bears figured out how to knock the feeders over and rip to tops off to get to the corn. They seem pretty damn smart.

There has been a study going on in the McCormick area by DNR/Clemson with deer and coyote GPS collar tagging
    ..Study is to document interaction between coyotes and deer...I have helped with the trapping and collaring of coyotes.

I know of no bear study........

As far as the bears are concerned I have several friends that saw them or had them on camera last year. One had a track behind his house the year prior but it was old and he wasn’t 100% sure it was a bear track so he didn’t say much about it to anyone but this year he had it on camera once or twice right on the edge of his yard. My neighbor hunts a 1000 acre lease in McCormick and he has multiple pics on trail cam. He showed me the pics and if I remember right they were two different bears, one being pretty good size. Lastly a friend saw and videoed one while he was deer hunting at cedar ridge plantation and had it on camera several times as well. I’m not sure of the range of a black bear but theses properties would form somewhat of a triangle on a map and an average of 10-15 miles apart
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Had a bear on camera practically all year two years ago. McCormick co., Mt. Carmel area. Haven't seen him since.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Hard Labor Creek in Greenwood Co in Bradley, bear tracks. Never saw the bear though
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I found decent size tracks south of Modoc last year in a location I never could’ve pictured a Back bear roaming.

9E830805-4384-4218-ABF0-BD87F0A9DF84.jpeg

They don't stay put very long
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Black bears get the South Park treatment.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    There has been a study going on in the McCormick area by DNR/Clemson with deer and coyote GPS collar tagging
    ..Study is to document interaction between coyotes and deer...I have helped with the trapping and collaring of coyotes.

I know of no bear study........
    I was told the bear was hit by a car and someone went into the woods and shot it. The shot only wounded the bear and it ran off. The person called and said they were going to follow the bear and kill it. Whoever they spoke to highly advised them not to shoot the bear. The spot where to bear was hit was marked with a single flag on the side of the road. Some people came in during the night and within a matter of minutes had retrieved the bear and was gone. It was said the bear was a good ways off of the road. Hard to believe that people could just walk into the woods with just a single flag to mark where it was hit and walk right to the bear in the middle of the night. That's why the person who relayed the story to me said it had to have a collar on it for them to find it that easily in the dark.