Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digging post holes at Lake Murray

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Default Digging post holes at Lake Murray

I need to dig some post holes in the next weekend or two. I can’t get my tractor with my PTO powered augur in there. Doing it by hand with post hole diggers would take forever. The soil is hard clay with small rocks. I may need to rent or buy a handheld gas powered augur. For those who have done this, what are your recommendations. It will just be my wife and I working on it. We live on a farm so something other than my PTO powered one might come in handy occasionally around the house as well.

Thanks
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

How big of poles? I used one of the one's from Harbor freight and easy to use. I also dug 20 holes for my Maters this year with it. Better than a shovel. You live on a farm you will find a use for it just use NO-E gas
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

do the hand held come with a kill switch now days?

I will tell you from experience that you need a two man auger and another dude..or rent a dingo.

Dingo for the win. Those handheld augers hurt when they hit. Probably half the reason I have such bad shoulders. I hit a root one morning years ago. Had my phone in my pocket of my hoodie. Hit so hard I shattered my phone screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    I will tell you from experience that you need a two man auger and another dude..or rent a dingo.
    This. If not at least set up a camera and post the video on here. Might want to check out rental from Lowe's. Needed to trench about 100ft for power to my garage and didn't want to drag my ditch witch out. Went to lowes and rented a walk behind for a little more than $100. I noticed they had some 2 man augers for rent
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Snatching an auger is young mans shit. I have my PhD.

Home Depot rents a dingo with needed implements.

My big ass has took several rides on an auger.

Snatching an auger is young mans shit. I have my PhD.
    I earned my PHD one summer installing real Wrought Iron fencing. I also learned weld that summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Dingo w/ auger attachment

SC811.com, call before you dig, and I've had my ass whooped by an auger before too.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    SC811.com, call before you dig, and I've had my ass whooped by an auger before too.
    Pro tip. Went about 11 ft and done hit one of my buried downspouts and spectrum cable. Forgot how deep(or shallow) I'd buried them

What part of Me and My Wife do you people don't understand. Don't think will get hurt with the one the wife and I used.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    What part of Me and My Wife do you people don't understand. Don't think will get hurt with the one the wife and I used.
    70FA5FFF-4334-4B9B-B0F2-A74DC39CBDBA.jpg

The biggest question is AT lake murray or IN lake murray. If it is in the lake I doubt a dingo will do the trick. A two man would be the way to go and what I helped somebody do years ago. If it’s at your property at the lake and you can get a dingo there do that for sure. Thompson’s in Irmo has a couple that will do the trick.

We have to use one for perk tests in the mountains all made of rock and shit, nothing like that red clay though. Can get them done much quicker than messing with a dingo but we are talking less than 12 holes usually. They suck to run, but nobody said it was supposed to be easy...

Good one CD

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

This. And hold on tight.
    Carolina Counsel