Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sumter area churches

Default Sumter area churches

Any of y’all know any old fashioned churches? My wife aren’t big on the contemporary, prefer the hymns and all. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Don't know of one in Sumter offhand, but I have a friend that goes to one down near Manning. King James preaching and traditional hymns I believe. I can find out for you if you'd like?
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 05-15-2021 at 05:03 PM.

I assume you're looking for Baptist?

Denomination isn’t a big factor. Prefer Baptist but open to most

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”

jwilliams is online now 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Graham baptist Wedgefield baptist or bethel baptist
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

And open Bible baptist

Snakes a deal breaker?

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Snakes a deal breaker?
    I’d pay top dollar to see my wife’s reaction the second a snake came out. She would kill me though

1st Baptist, Grace Baptist, Harmony if you go to 8am service, Alice Dr Baptist, again 8 am service, Ashwood Baptist, CrosswelI Baptist. Sumter Baptist Temple is very old school. Don't know what location you're looking for.

alice drive has a traditional 8:30 service. Thats where we go
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

First Baptist
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Pinewood Duck is a Deacon at First Baptist; he can give you details

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    1st Baptist, Grace Baptist, Harmony if you go to 8am service, Alice Dr Baptist, again 8 am service, Ashwood Baptist, CrosswelI Baptist. Sumter Baptist Temple is very old school. Don't know what location you're looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    First Baptist
    When we moved away two years ago First Baptist was fairly modern. I don't think too much has changed since then, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks guys! Looks like we have a lot to try out. Appreciate it

We went to alot of them and settled on Alice Drive. Preacher keeps my attention. Music is very good. Little big for me but has lots of stuff for my kids. You’ll know when you find the right one.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    We went to alot of them and settled on Alice Drive. Preacher keeps my attention. Music is very good. Little big for me but has lots of stuff for my kids. You’ll know when you find the right one.
    Clay is one of the best pastors in the state. Danny is great at fbc, too. I thought op put the stipulation on only kjv being taught. Lot of great churches here

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Snakes a deal breaker?
    I seent a set of worship snakes once. Seent a pastor high knee around the congregation too

Based off what you explained y’all would do good in an independent Baptist church.

They IMO are Pentecostal minus speaking In tongues.

They are aisle running, pew jumping, slober slinging, naner pudding eating, King James preaching folks.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Don’t put too much thought into it, you’re gonna leave anyway. Baptists invented the transfer portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Don’t put too much thought into it, you’re gonna leave anyway. Baptists invented the transfer portal.
    lmfao.

I’ve always said Baptist are the most judgmental people on earth, also.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?